Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes are the perfect cupcake recipe for peanut butter & chocolate lovers. Topped with a peanut butter cookie & sprinkles- Yummy!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
Oh how I love a good cupcake. Lately, we have been on a peanut butter & chocolate kick. Who here loves a good peanut butter & chocolate combo?! I know I sure do. It’s a favorite for everyone here in our house. No one will turn down a treat with those two flavors. If you follow me on Instagram, you saw that last week my daughter got her braces off. We, of course, had to celebrate in a big way. We were so happy for her!! So when we got home from her appointment we whipped up these peanut butter chocolate cupcakes to have after dinner that night.
We just used a standard box cake mix because we didn’t have much time. While they were baking I whipped up this fabulous peanut butter frosting that I just want to spread on top of everything. It’s so scrumptious. After piping the frosting on, we added some chocolate jimmies & a mini peanut butter cookie to make them extra cute. Boy, was she sure thrilled to celebrate her new beautiful smile with these that evening. I know the others were happy we had an excuse to enjoy some cupcakes too. They are so delicious!
My secret ingredient to making phenomenal frosting- coffee creamer. My favorite to use is International Delight in French Vanilla. It adds a little something different & special to my frosting that I love. The best part is that I can change that by just picking a different flavor of creamer whenever I like.
- 1 box Cake Mix + additional ingredients per box instructions (eggs, oil, water)
- 1 cup butter- room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp French Vanilla coffee creamer
- 5-7 cups confectioners sugar
- Mix, prepare & bake cupcakes to package directions
- Cool completely on wire rack & prepare frosting
- Beat butter & peanut butter in mixer with whip attachment until creamy
- Add in vanilla & creamer
- Slowly beat in 3 cups confectioners sugar & slowly add in more until you reach desired consistency
- **Note- if you add too much you can thin out with a couple extra tsp of creamer
These were absolutely the perfect treat to celebrate such a joyous day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Looking for more of our favorite cake recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE