Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies are perfect for Memorial Day & 4th of July celebrations. They take just 4 ingredients & about 10 minutes prep time. These cake mix cookies will be the hit of any party!
Do you love celebrating Memorial Day or 4th of July? I sure do. This is my favorite time of year because I love love love the Red, White & Blue. I decided that this year I would make these SUPER FUN Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies to help us celebrate BIG!
I love this season more than any other. From the time we wrap up Easter I’m practically giddy looking forward to Memorial Day. I put out all my red, white & blue decor & it stays up all through June & the July 4th weekend. Making fun patriotic decor & recipes to help us celebrate just makes me so HAPPY!
Cake Mix Cookies
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
These cake mix cookies are incredibly simple to make. Just 4 ingredients & I don’t even have to use my mixer. I just add the first 3 ingredients to my large bowl & mix with a firm spatula. Then once I have my dough I separate it into 3 equal parts. I leave one as is for the “white” & then I fold in some food color to the others. Then it is as simple as scoop & bake. No chill time required.
Some common questions I get about these cookies…
*What type of food color do you use? I like this gel variety because I find that the pigment is more dense & that makes it easier for me to reach the desired color while using less product.
*Do I need to line the baking sheet? YES! Please line the baking sheet with either a non-stick baking mat or just a simple sheet of parchment paper will do.
*What size cookie scoop do you use? I really like this medium scoop from Good Cook.
*Can I use a different flavor of cake mix? YES – that is a great idea! Change it up & get creative. I usually use THIS cake mix for this particular recipe.
Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies
For this recipe you will need…
These cookies are super soft & chewy. Oh so delectably good! It’s like wedding cake & sugar cookies had babies & these are it! These are so good that the hubs has decided that I need not make any other cookie recipe. This is THE ONE for all cookie cravings. Hope they wow your holiday crowd!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
How to make Cake Mix Cookies
Looking for more great patriotic ideas for your celebration?
Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Red & Blue gel food color - several drops each
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper
- Combine cake mix, oil & eggs to a large mixing bowl & mix with a large, firm spatula
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts & place in separate bowls
- Add several drops of red food color to one bowl & mix into the dough until you have a smooth, even color
- Repeat with the blue
- Scoop out onto your prepared baking sheet & press the tops of each ball of dough with the bottom of a glass to flatten slightly
- Bake 7-9 minutes & allow to cool on baking sheet several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.