Today is National Hot Dog Day so we are celebrating by making Hot Dogs the theme for July’s Recipe Round-Up.
Looking for Easy Family Dinner Ideas? The hubs is a bit of a hot dog nut. He will vote to have hot dogs just about any time. So it’s fair to say that we have tried them in all different ways & have narrowed it down to just a handful of the best brands. Yes we take hot dogs fairly seriously in this house despite their fun nature. So I really couldn’t resist taking advantage of National Hot Dog Day & celebrating. So today not only am I sharing my new favorite way to eat them- but a bunch of my friends are sharing either their recipes with hot dogs or recipes that go great with them. 🙂
Fried Hot Dog Sliders
- Hot Dogs 2 per slider
- Provolone Cheese
- French Loaf
- 1 Stick Butter
- Garlic Powder
- Parmesan Cheese
Prepare your bread
- Cut french loaf into slices & lay on ungreased baking sheet
- Melt butter & brush over each slice of french bread to coat.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder & Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until golden brown.
Cook your hot dogs
- Start by slicing each hot dog length wise until it's not completely separated but you can open it to lay it flat.
- Fry in skillet until you get those nice crunchy, blackened strips on them & they are good & hot.
Assemble your slider
- Lay fried hot dog on one slice of your un-toasted side of your bread.
- Add provolone cheese slice.
- Return back to broiler to melt & bubble cheese slightly.
- Remove from broiler & add top piece of bread. Cut as desired.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Hot Dog on a Stick from The Taylor House
Watermelon Daiquiri from One Martini at a Time
Fried Hot Dog Sliders from Kleinworth & Co.
Campfire Cooking from Nap-Time Creations
Peanut Butter Banana Hot Dog from Random-osity
Wisconsin Beer Brats from Joyful Healthy Eats
National Hot Dog Day from Little by Little
Loaded Oven Chili Dogs from Semi-Homemade Mom
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE