Today is National Hot Dog Day so we are celebrating by making Hot Dogs the theme for July’s Recipe Round-Up.
Looking for Easy Family Dinner Ideas? The hubs is a bit of a hot dog nut. He will vote to have hot dogs just about any time. So it’s fair to say that we have tried them in all different ways & have narrowed it down to just a handful of the best brands. Yes we take hot dogs fairly seriously in this house despite their fun nature. So I really couldn’t resist taking advantage of National Hot Dog Day & celebrating. So today not only am I sharing my new favorite way to eat them- but a bunch of my friends are sharing either their recipes with hot dogs or recipes that go great with them. 🙂
Fried Hot Dog Sliders
- Hot Dogs 2 per slider
- Provolone Cheese
- French Loaf
- 1 Stick Butter
- Garlic Powder
- Parmesan Cheese
Prepare your bread
- Cut french loaf into slices & lay on ungreased baking sheet
- Melt butter & brush over each slice of french bread to coat.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder & Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until golden brown.
Cook your hot dogs
- Start by slicing each hot dog length wise until it's not completely separated but you can open it to lay it flat.
- Fry in skillet until you get those nice crunchy, blackened strips on them & they are good & hot.
Assemble your slider
- Lay fried hot dog on one slice of your un-toasted side of your bread.
- Add provolone cheese slice.
- Return back to broiler to melt & bubble cheese slightly.
- Remove from broiler & add top piece of bread. Cut as desired.
- Serve immediately.
Hot Dog on a Stick from The Taylor House
Watermelon Daiquiri from One Martini at a Time
Fried Hot Dog Sliders from Kleinworth & Co.
Campfire Cooking from Nap-Time Creations
Peanut Butter Banana Hot Dog from Random-osity
Wisconsin Beer Brats from Joyful Healthy Eats
National Hot Dog Day from Little by Little
Loaded Oven Chili Dogs from Semi-Homemade Mom