Wow – it’s been a little while since I shared a breakfast recipe with you. I have been truly craving granola – but with a little something extra. So I finally whipped some up with a few of my favorite mix-ins that I thought you might like too. This Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Granola is such a yummy addition to some yogurt or even with a little milk as a cereal. The kids were soooo happy. They just love having homemade breakfasts that aren’t oatmeal. I love that I don’t have to buy breakfast items & I can just utilize what I have on hand all the time & make something new & fun for them.
You know – it’s pretty good on top of some healthy banana ice cream too. Just sayin’…..
Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Granola
- 3½ cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup pomegranate dark chocolates
- 1½ cups toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment & set aside
- In a large bowl combine oats, walnuts, oil & syrup & mix until well incorporated & the oats are moist
- Spread out onto prepared pan in an even layer
- Bake approx 30 minutes rotating tray about half way through
- Remove & allow to cool completely
- Transfer to large bowl & add in toasted coconut & pomegranate dark chocolates - toss to combine
- Store in airtight container for up to 1 week
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Looking for more great breakfast ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE