This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MVCheezIt #CollectiveBias
Things are heating up in college basketball. Games are plentiful & people are excited! Two teams just over the border here are considered as close to our home teams as possible & they are both in the running still. Really exciting to watch them go so far & we are watching basketball all the time. You know what that means – snacks!! So of course I made some of my favorite Slow Cooker Snack Mix to much on along with all our other goodies. I love to put on a nice big spread for game time & making snack mix in the slow cooker is the easiest thing to do. I mixed it up this time & made it extra cheesy!!!
I was already in Target picking up a regular box of Cheez-It white cheddar when I saw the new Cheez-It Grooves. That’s when I had my idea to change up my usual snack mix & make it all about Cheez-Its.
Then…..I found the Cheez-It Crunch’d in another aisle & I knew this was going to be one epic mix.
I was totally stoked for game time & couldn’t wait to make it.
It’s really just as simple as tossing all the yummy ingredients in the cooker.
Then drizzle the flavored sauce over everything & give it a good stir.
Let it cook for a couple hours while you prep your other snacks & you are good to go.
I’m telling you – this is packed full of all your favorite cheesy Cheez-It flavor & you will never want to make any other mix.
It’s SO GOOD – it didn’t last through the game.
Cheez-Its are on sale for 3/$8 at Target.
Shoppers can use Target’s Cartwheel app to save an additional 35% off of this sale price when they buy 3 varieties of Cheez-Its.
Don’t miss the Most Valuable Cheese Contest that is taking place from Feb – April 2015.
Users can vote on their favorite flavors/varieties from six popular Cheez-It flavors and play games for a chance to win $10,000.
What is your favorite Cheez-It flavor?
Slow Cooker Snack Mix
- 2 cups bagel chips
- 2 cups peanut butter stuffed pretzels
- 2 cups flat bread crisps
- 2 cups white cheddar Cheez-Its
- 2 cups Cheez-Its Crunch'd - cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Cheez-Its Grooves - Zesty Cheddar Ranch
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter - melted & hot
- 1 tbsp season salt
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- Combine the pretzels, bagel chips, flat bread crisps, & all varieties of Cheez-Its in your slow cooker
- In a small bowl combine melted butter & seasonings - whisk until combined
- Add Worcestershire sauce & whisk
- Drizzle evenly over mix & stir to evenly coat
- Lay a paper towel over the top of your cooker & add the lid on top of that (this will keep it crunchy)
- Cook on low 2 total hours - stir well every 30-40 minutes to keep it all from burning
- Once done cooking spread out on large baking sheet to cool completely
- Once completely cooled - store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Looking for more great game time recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE