These delicious churro cheesecake bars are the perfect combination of flavors and textures. The flaky crust cradles a sweet and tangy cream cheese filling, all topped off with a warm, sweet cinnamon sugar topping that crisps when baked.
This easy recipe is a fun spin on cheesecake, incorporating the flavor and crunch of churros. It’s the perfect dessert for nearly any event.
The next time you’re looking for an irresistible dessert to serve at a party or to snack on during movie night, try these incredible churro cheesecake bars.
Common Questions about Churro Cheesecake Bars
In Spain, churros are traditionally eaten for breakfast dipped in hot chocolate. Churros are generally prisms or twisted shapes, and they are sometimes called “Spanish doughnuts” in English. Churros are made from choux pastry dough, and there are two types of churros, wet and dry. The wet dough is used for softer churros, and the dry dough is used for crunchier churros.
Churros are fried until they are golden-brown in color, and then they are sprinkled with sugar. Cinnamon sugar is the most popular type of sugar to use, but some people also like to use plain sugar, chocolate sugar, or confectioners’ sugar.
What is churro cheesecake made of?
Churro cheesecake has a sweet, creamy cheesecake filling made from cream cheese and sugar. It’s outer layers are made of dough that’s topped with cinnamon and sugar.
How do you reheat churro cheesecake?
While you can eat it chilled, if you prefer for it to be warm, microwave it at 10-second intervals until it is the temperature you prefer. You can also reheat it for a few minutes in the oven or air fryer.
What does churro flavor taste like?
Churros are crispy with a sweet cinnamon sugar flavor.
How to Store Easy Churro Cheesecake Bars
Since these bars contain dairy, you’ll want to store them in the fridge or freezer when not serving.
Refrigerator: Cheesecake bars can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container or ziploc bag — or cover the original baking pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Freezing: Freeze cheesecake bars for up to 1 month. Wrap in plastic wrap or store in a freezer-safe container.
Tips for the Best Churro Cheesecake Bars
There aren’t too many tricks you need to have up your sleeve to make these easy bars.
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before baking.
- Use your fingers or a rolling pin to seal the seams of the dough.
- When storing, keep the bars separate with parchment paper.
Ingredients for Cheesecake Churro Bars
These bars are so decadent no one will believe it only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make them.
- Cream cheese (softened)
- Granulated sugar
- Egg (large; room temperature)
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture – Topping
- Granulated sugar
Kitchen Supplies You’ll Need
You don’t need to dirty too many dishes to make these delicious bars!
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Baking dish
How to Make Churro Cheesecake Bars
This churro cheesecake recipe is so easy to make, you’ll have these bars ready in nearly no time.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and use the electric mixer (or stand mixer) to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until fully incorporated.
- Pour egg and vanilla into the cream cheese mixture and beat again.
- Once the mixture is silky smooth, set aside.
- Whisk together the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Create the bottom crust by placing a layer of dough in the bottom of the baking dish prepared with non-stick spray and cinnamon sugar, ensuring the seams are sealed.
- Spread the cheesecake batter over top.
- Place the top crust over the cream cheese layer, sealing those seams as well.
- Add the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture to the top of the dough.
- Bake cheesecake until the dough is crispy and golden brown.
What to Serve With Churro Cheesecake Bars
These bars are luscious all on their own but you can pair them, as well.
- Dipping sauce – Serve chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or honey for dipping — or drizzle them over top.
- Ice cream – Add a scoop of ice cream on top.
- Yogurt – Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- Fruit – Fresh fruit like blueberries or strawberries are the perfect flavor contrast for these creamy bars.
Why You Should Make Churro Cheesecake Bars
Once you make these sweet treats they might become part of your regular repertoire.
- Easy – With so few ingredients and steps, this recipe is a simple way to make a delicious dessert.
- Delicious – The crispy dough is a perfect contrast for the sweet, creamy filling.
- Convenient – All of the ingredients are easy to find if you don’t already have them stocked in your fridge or pantry.
Variations and Add-ins
These cheesecake bars are a perfect way to showcase your creativity in the kitchen.
- Fruit – Add fresh or dried fruit to the creamy filling, or sprinkle on top.
- Powdered sugar – Dust the top with the confectioner’s sugar.
- Chocolate – Mix dark, milk, or white chocolate chips into the filling.
- Sprinkles – Make a funfetti-style bar with colored sprinkles.
- Decorator’s sugar – Sprinkle decorator’s sugar on top for some sparkle.
- Extract – Add even more flavor by using your favorite extract. Vanilla extract and almond extract both work well.
- Citrus – Use just a little bit of lemon juice in the filling for brightness.
- Butter – Instead of cooking spray, use melted butter in the bottom of the pan to create a buttery crust on the bottom.
- Pastry – Swap out the crescent dough for puff pastry.
More Awesome Churro Recipes
- Air Fryer Churro Cannoli
- Churro Bites – Disneyland Inspired
- Easy Churro Waffles
- Air Fryer Angel Food Cake Churro Bites
- Baked Churro Donuts
- Easy Churro Funnel Cake
- Easy Cruffin Recipe
- Cinnamon Cookies
- Churros Recipe
- Churro Bars
If you love this easy Churro Cheesecake Bars recipe, you’re going to love these other tasty cinnamon treats too. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
More Bar Recipe Desserts
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies
CONNECT WITH TASTE OF THE FRONTIER!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Churro Cheesecake Bars
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg large – room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls
Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture – Topping
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Mix in the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla, blend until fully incorporated.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir. Set aside.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture on the bottom of the dish.
- Roll out one layer of the dough, and place it into the prepared dish.
- Crimp all the seams together.
- Top with the cream cheese filling, spreading it into an even layer.
- Add the second sheet of the dough on top, lightly pinching together all seams.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until golden brown.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Share Your Thoughts