This copycat Big Mac sauce recipe is a homemade version of McDonald’s Big Mac sauce.
Just like the fast food giant’s iconic special sauce, this sauce has the perfect balance of sweet tanginess that’s amazing on a burger — and it tastes like the real thing.
All you need to recreate the famous sauce is a few basic ingredients. Just stir them up together and serve!
If you love McD’s Big Mac sauce, you’ll want to try this easy recipe as soon as you can!
Common Questions about Big Mac Sauce
What is Big Mac sauce made of?
Big Mac sauce is a mayonnaise-based sauce that contains pickle relish, Dijon mustard, white vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
Is Big Mac sauce the same as Thousand Island dressing?
No, Big Mac sauce is not the same as Thousand Island dressing. Thousand Island dressing is typically sweeter than Big Mac sauce.
How long does Big Mac sauce last?
This sauce will last for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
This sauce will last for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator so it’s great for meal prep or making ahead of time for parties.
Refrigerator – Store leftover sauce for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Freezer – We do not recommend freezing mayonnaise-based sauces.
There are just a few tips for making the perfect Big Mac sauce.
- Use a whisk to combine the ingredients thoroughly to get a smoother texture.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings to your palate — you may want to add more or less vinegar, mustard, or spices.
- Let the sauce chill in the refrigerator for at least a half hour before serving so that the flavors can meld together.
Big Mac Sauce Ingredients
You’ll likely have most of the simple ingredients handy already!
- Pickle relish
- Dijon mustard
- White vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Kitchen Supplies You’ll Need
All you need is a bowl and a spoon or whisk for this easy copycat recipe.
How to Make this Easy Recipe
It only takes a couple minutes to make this simple sauce.
- Add the mayo, relish, mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to a small bowl.
- Stir all of the ingredients together until completely combined.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
What to Serve With Homemade Big Mac Sauce
While homemade burgers are an obvious choice, there are lots of uses for Big Mac sauce.
- French fries – Dip any shape french fry into this sauce.
- Hot dogs – Use this as a sauce for hot dogs.
- Vegetables – Offering this as a dipping sauce is a great way to get picky eaters to eat their veggies.
- Chicken – Serve alongside grilled chicken.
- Salad – This is a delicious salad dressing for a low carb Big Mac salad or other green salad.
- Onion rings – These make onion rings even better.
- Chicken tenders or chicken nuggets – Trade out your honey mustard or ketchup and dunk your tenders or nuggets in Big Mac sauce.
Why You Should Make This Homemade Sauce
Other than impressing guests with your ability to replicate the classic, there are some other reasons to stir up this sauce.
- Easy – You can whip it up in only a few minutes and you likely won’t even need a trip to the grocery store.
- Versatile – Use it on burgers, hot dogs, chicken, or veggies.
- Affordable – The condiments mixed together to make it are budget-friendly.
Variations and Add-ins
We don’t recommend too many variations because this is a copycat sauce but there are a few changes you can make.
- Heat – For a spicer sauce, add horseradish or cayenne.
- Sweetness – To sweeten the sauce, use some ketchup or a little bit of granulated sugar.
- Tanginess – Add yellow mustard for a tangier sauce.
- Vinegar – Instead of white vinegar experiment with apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- Relish – For sweeter flavor use sweet pickle relish; for less sweetness use dill pickle relish.
If you love this easy Big Mac Sauce recipe, you’re going to love these other homemade sauces and seasonings too. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
Other Savory Sauces
If you love this recipe for Homemade Big Mac Sauce as much as I do, please write a five-star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Big Mac Sauce – Copycat
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp pickle relish
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Combine the mayo, relish, mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Serve on burgers, or with fries.
- Keep refrigerated.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.