Chocolate Almond Ricotta Cookies are soft, moist, cake-like cookies that are so easy to make. Topped with slivered almonds, these cookies are loved by all.
It’s holiday time & if you have been hanging around here the past couple weeks you might have noticed that I have been in cookie overdrive. I think this is the 4th of 5th new cookie recipe we have shared in just over a week. That’s okay- it is the season for cookies. Which is why I have been not only going through my old cookbook but also mom’s & grandma’s cookbooks too. We have been making our way through all the favorites & sharing the ones we make year after year. One of those recipes is this super yummy version of Chocolate Almond Ricotta Cookies. Check it out.
Chocolate Cookie Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The family really loves it when I spend a bunch of time reworking recipes. Why not? They get to sample all the versions as I work through to get it just right. I mean, they certainly aren’t complaining as I ask them to make batch after batch disappear. They love these chocolate ricotta cookies & so do I. These make the best neighbor gifts too. Sometimes I’ll add a chocolate ganache on top with some sprinkles if I am making a plate of goodies to give away. But when it’s just our family enjoying a treat, topping these with chocolate chips & slivered almonds is just perfect.
Look at these cookies! So thick & chewy! All that chocolate goodness just makes me want to whip up another batch right now. These will definitely be the holiday favorite for all your friends & family this year.
I hope you love them as much as we do!
Chocolate Almond Ricotta Cookies
Be sure to bookmark your favorites here so you have them handy, or Pin them to your favorite recipes or projects board on Pinterest.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more of our favorite recipes??
Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Santa’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Almond Ricotta Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese part skim
- ⅓ heaping cup dark chocolate baking cocoa
- 3-2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips- for mixing
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips for the tops
- ½ cup slivered almonds for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter & sugar.
- Add eggs & mix well
- Add almond & vanilla extracts - beat until just blended.
- Fold in ricotta cheese.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, & salt.
- Mix in dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies bounce back when touched lightly & the center of the cookie no longer looks moist.
- Transfer to a cookie rack to cool. Top with additional chocolate chips & slivered almonds.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Peppermint Oreo Bark | Inside BruCrew Life
Peppermint Kiss Thumbprint Cookies | Creme de la Crumb
Tamar Strauss-Benjamin says
Those look so good!
Miz Helen says
We will love your awesome cookies! Hope you are having a wonderful week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!