Choc-O-Cherry Ice Cream is a smooth & creamy homemade ice cream recipe packed full of bing cherries & chunks of milk chocolate. It’s the perfect frozen dessert to enjoy all summer long.
How to make homemade ice cream
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I absolutely love it when cherry season rolls around. So we usually have bowls of them everywhere. I couldn’t resist using some in this homemade ice cream recipe.
In my book- cherries always pair with chocolate. So I tossed some chocolate chunks in there too.
Choc-O-Cherry Ice Cream
We used our ice cream maker for this to speed things along. I particularly like it when I’m adding in chunky things because it helps keep those add-ins from sinking. It also keeps me from having to come back at just the right time when freezing the ice cream to add the extras in there. I like dessert to be almost effortless in the summer. So using the ice cream maker just assists with that.
So smooth & so creamy. I swoon for those chunks of cherries in there.
It is SO GOOD my friends! You must try it!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Looking for more great dessert recipes?
Choc-O-Cherry (homemade) Ice Cream
- 1 -1/2 cups 2 % milk
- 1- 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cherries pitted & quartered
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Combine milk & sugar in a medium bowl & whisk until sugar is dissolved. (1-2 min).
- Stir in cream & vanilla.
- Pour into ice cream maker & churn for 10 minutes.
- Continue churning while adding in cherries & chocolate chunks.
- Churn for additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer to airtight container & let set for approximately 2 hours.