I like no bake desserts. I don’t always have the time to be in the kitchen to make goodies. But sometimes events or activities come up & I need to whip up something. This is why I keep stockpiles of homemade pie filling in the freezer. It makes whipping up a dessert quick & simple – like this Cherry Pie Ice Box Cake. Back in August I shared this fabulous recipe over at Or So She Says as a wonderful dessert to enjoy over the hot summer months. Just because it’s cooler now & we are enjoying fall, doesn’t mean you still can’t enjoy this treat. Besides – if I remember right, it’s still quite hot in the desert Southwest for at least another couple months. So this is perfect for all you desert dwellers. 🙂 I remember those long summers all too well.
So if you want to make this super fall like- just substitute the cherry pie filling with this great caramelized pear pie filling.
It’s great either way.
I love that I can take 10 minutes in the morning & assemble this, pop it in the freezer for the day & we can enjoy it in the evening after dinner. Perfect!!! It also works great for pot luck – you just grab it out of the freezer when it’s time to go.
Cherry Pie Ice Box Cake
- 1 16 ounce tub whipped topping- thawed - divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp Princess Cake Bakery Emulsion
- 1 box graham crackers
- 10 ounces homemade cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup chocolate jimmies
- Line 2 layers of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish
- In a separate bowl - beat cream cheese until soft
- Add confectioners sugar & emulsion - beat until combined
- fold in 1/2 of your thawed whipped topping
- Spread over your layer of graham crackers
- Add a layer of cherry pie filling - reserving some for topping at serving
- Add another layer of graham crackers
- Add remaining whipped topping & spread out evenly
- Top with chocolate jimmies
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow the crackers to soften
- I like to make this the night before & freeze. Then transfer to refrigerator in the morning & keep there until serving.
- Top with additional cherry pie filling when serving
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more easy desserts?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE