I like no bake desserts. I don’t always have the time to be in the kitchen to make goodies. But sometimes events or activities come up & I need to whip up something. This is why I keep stockpiles of homemade pie filling in the freezer. It makes whipping up a dessert quick & simple – like this Cherry Pie Ice Box Cake. Back in August I shared this fabulous recipe over at Or So She Says as a wonderful dessert to enjoy over the hot summer months. Just because it’s cooler now & we are enjoying fall, doesn’t mean you still can’t enjoy this treat. Besides – if I remember right, it’s still quite hot in the desert Southwest for at least another couple months. So this is perfect for all you desert dwellers. 🙂 I remember those long summers all too well.
So if you want to make this super fall like- just substitute the cherry pie filling with this great caramelized pear pie filling.
It’s great either way.
I love that I can take 10 minutes in the morning & assemble this, pop it in the freezer for the day & we can enjoy it in the evening after dinner. Perfect!!! It also works great for pot luck – you just grab it out of the freezer when it’s time to go.
Cherry Pie Ice Box Cake
- 1 16 ounce tub whipped topping- thawed - divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp Princess Cake Bakery Emulsion
- 1 box graham crackers
- 10 ounces homemade cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup chocolate jimmies
- Line 2 layers of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish
- In a separate bowl - beat cream cheese until soft
- Add confectioners sugar & emulsion - beat until combined
- fold in 1/2 of your thawed whipped topping
- Spread over your layer of graham crackers
- Add a layer of cherry pie filling - reserving some for topping at serving
- Add another layer of graham crackers
- Add remaining whipped topping & spread out evenly
- Top with chocolate jimmies
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow the crackers to soften
- I like to make this the night before & freeze. Then transfer to refrigerator in the morning & keep there until serving.
- Top with additional cherry pie filling when serving
Want more easy desserts?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE