Well – did you have a wonderful Christmas? I sure hope so. Now to think about New Year’s. Or maybe you over did it a little yesterday?! I have just the thing to either make you feel better today – or a little recipe to keep on hand for New Year’s Day. This Bloody Mary recipe is the perfect thing. When my hubs would tend bar he told me that this is the “go-to” beverage for those trying to cure that hangover. I’m going to take his word for it as I have never tried this remedy myself. But this spicy Bloody Mary ought to help your ails.
I just love the medley of colors. Isn’t it so alluring – all those wonderful oranges, yellows & greens. This would also be great come summer – what do you think? Do you like to have a Bloody Mary in the summer? Maybe while sitting by the water.
This recipe makes enough for 2 glasses – so you & a friend can sip together.
- *Makes 2 glasses
- 10 ounces tomato juice
- juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp Tobasco sauce
- Unflavored vodka to taste
- Lemon wedge celery stalk, green olive for garnish
- Sprinkle chili powder for garnish
- Ice ball
- Combine tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, garlic, pepper & Tobasco in a container with a tight fitting lid. I used a mason jar.
- Tighten lid & & shake vigorously.
- Place ice ball & celery in rocks glass & set aside
- In shaker filled with ice - combine 3 parts Bloody Mary mix with 1 part Vodka - shake well
- Strain into prepared glasses
- Garnish with a lemon wedge & green olive on toothpick & sprinkle with a little chili powder
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more cocktail recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE