Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is a thick and delicious cookie made in the air fryer. Serve with a scoop of ice cream on top. It’s perfect for two.
Everything you love about chocolate chips cookies baked into one super thick and delicious treat.
Grab a friend and a couple spoons because this dessert is meant to be shared directly out of the pan while still hot. Serve this hot with a scoop of ice cream on top.
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
No need for separate serving bowls, this one is to be enjoyed together. I love making this recipe when it is just the hubs & I wanting a little special treat. Something so sweet about sharing a dessert with your spouse.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I mean, really. I super love a pizookie or skillet cookie. But when I usually make them it is in our huge 10″ cast iron skillet, which makes for a family sized dessert.
Then there is the whole heating the oven and waiting for it to bake. This one is perfect for when you want a little less.
Here are some commonly asked questions
Can I change out the type of chocolate or add other mix-ins?
You can use chocolate chunks in place of chocolate chips in this recipe. If you prefer dark or milk chocolate chips, you can use those too. This is also great when adding a variety of chopped nuts.
Can I use a sugar substitute?
I have not personally tried it, so I can’t say how that would turn out. But if you would like to try it, I suggest a product that offers a 1:1 swap. Please let me know how it turns out.
Can this skillet cookie be frozen?
You can, but this is best when enjoyed hot because the center is a bit gooey. If you choose to freeze this skillet cookie, make sure to wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store for no more than 3 months. Reheat in the microwave without the pan.
Can this recipe be doubled?
Due to the space constraints of cooking one pan at a time in the air fryer and fitting anything larger in the air fryer, I don’t double this recipe. You could do batches back to back though.
How many can this serve?
I like to enjoy this as a couple’s dessert. However, it is perfect for those that are already full from your dinner if you want to share with more than 2 people. The kids and I split this and it can still be quite filling.
What air fryer do you use?
We actually have 3 air fryers. I have a smaller one from Phillips that we started with. I have since given that to my son since he’s only cooking for 1.
But the more I used the air fryer I realized I really wanted a digital screen. It wasn’t any more expensive, in fact- our XL air fryer from GoWISE was less expensive than the Phillips and I love its ease & extra functions.
Plus it comes with a lot of the extra accessories I like to use when cooking with my fryer.
But I when I started working on my second air fryer book, I wanted to change things up. I picked up this Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer+ Rotisserie, Dehydrator, Convection Oven. It has 8 Touch Screen Presets (Fry, Roast, Dehydrate & Bake, BPA-Free, Auto Shutoff) & Accessories Included. It is XL Family Size, which is great!
HOW DO YOU MAKE Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie?
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract and mix well until creamy.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Lightly spray a shallow 6 to 7” pie pan with oil.
- Press cookie dough into the prepared pan and bake at 340 degrees for 11 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 310 degrees and bake another 5 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Air Fryer Cookie
To make this recipe you will need…
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- butter- room temperature
- granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- semisweet chocolate chips
This is our favorite little shared dessert- so good!
Air Fryer Skillet Cookie
If you love this recipe – you can find it AND 100+ MORE like it in my LATEST cookbook.
120+ Recipes to take your love of air frying to new heights
If you’re a fan of air frying, you already know that it’s an easy way to whip up tasty, crispy favorites that are healthier than deep-fried foods. This air fryer cookbook helps you take your air-frying skills up a notch with 129 recipes that range from fresh takes on the classics to more adventurous fare.
From Jalapeño Poppers to Everything Bagel Brussels Sprouts, the recipes in this air fryer cookbook can be made quickly using ingredients found at your local supermarket. Get the most out of your air fryer with fun and simple recipes the whole family will love.
This ultimate air fryer cookbook offers:
- Can you air fry that?―Discover an air fryer cookbook full of foods you might never imagine air frying―like pancakes or lobster tails.
- Get creative―Find charts to determine the cooking time for dozens of ingredients, plus air-frying tips and hacks so you can try out recipes of your own.
- Helpful recipe labels―This air fryer cookbook helps you easily locate recipes that are vegetarian, extra fast, or perfect for a group.
Take air frying to the next level with Air Fryer Obsession.
You might also love my first air frying cookbook too!
The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook for Two also makes everything fast and easy. Most recipes take 30 minutes or less and they’re designed with simple prep and minimal clean-up in mind. Nutritional information, serving size descriptions, and recipes for vegetarians, vegans and the gluten-free are also included. There’s so much to savor.
If you love this Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie recipe, you’re going to love these other treats too. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
cookie pizza recipe
If you love this recipe for Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie as much as I do, please write a five-star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH KLEINWORTH & CO!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract and mix well until creamy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Lightly spray a shallow 6 to 7” pie pan with oil.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared pan and bake at 340 degrees for 11 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 310 degrees and bake another 5 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.