Air Fryer Steak Fries are loaded with garlic & parmesan cheese. This quick & easy recipe is ready in just 25 minutes. Perfect for game day, race day or as a bbq side dish. Delish!
Who loves steak fries?? If you are a regular here, then you know how serious I am when it comes to comfort foods like potatoes.
My goodness, a thick-cut steak fry or potato wedge dunked in ranch dressing is all I need to make my eyes roll to the back of my head. So, of course, I created these Air Fryer Steak Fries to make the process quick & easy.
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
I’m all about the quick & easy when it comes to food. I have this thing with instant gratification & when I’m craving something, I don’t want to wait. So you can imagine how excited I was when I got our air fryer. It makes things SO FAST!
Steak Fries Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Now the actual cooking time for these potatoes is about the same as when I bake in them in the oven. The part that makes them fast is that I don’t have to wait 20+ minutes for the oven to reach 400 degrees before I can get going. I can literally just turn it on & the cooking starts.
It took me about 5 minutes to wash & cut my potatoes. Then I just tossed them with some olive oil & seasonings in a large bowl. Transferred them to my air fryer basket & cooked at 400 for 20 minutes.
I did stir them around after the first 10 minutes. Once the timer went off – they were DONE! As in ABSOLUTELY PERFECT & ready to enjoy! This potato-loving girl was VERY HAPPY.
Here are some commonly asked questions
What air fryer do you use?
We actually have 3 air fryers. I have a smaller one from Phillips that we started with. I have since given that to my son since he’s only cooking for 1.
But the more I used the air fryer I realized I really wanted a digital screen. It wasn’t any more expensive, in fact- our XL air fryer from GoWISE was less expensive than the Phillips and I love its ease & extra functions.
Plus it comes with a lot of the extra accessories I like to use when cooking with my fryer.
But I when I started working on my second air fryer book, I wanted to change things up. I picked up this Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer+ Rotisserie, Dehydrator, Convection Oven. It has 8 Touch Screen Presets (Fry, Roast, Dehydrate & Bake, BPA-Free, Auto Shutoff) & Accessories Included. It is XL Family Size, which is great!
HOW DO YOU MAKE Air Fryer Steak Fries?
- Cut potatoes into thin wedges and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle in garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, toss again.
- Place in the air fryer basket and fry at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Stir potatoes halfway through to ensure even cooking since these are not cooking in a single layer.
Air Fryer Steak Fries
If you love steak fries as much as I do- you will fall in love with this easy recipe.
If you love this recipe – you can find it AND 100+ MORE like it in my LATEST cookbook.
120+ Recipes to take your love of air frying to new heights
If you’re a fan of air frying, you already know that it’s an easy way to whip up tasty, crispy favorites that are healthier than deep-fried foods. This air fryer cookbook helps you take your air-frying skills up a notch with 129 recipes that range from fresh takes on the classics to more adventurous fare.
From Jalapeño Poppers to Everything Bagel Brussels Sprouts, the recipes in this air fryer cookbook can be made quickly using ingredients found at your local supermarket. Get the most out of your air fryer with fun and simple recipes the whole family will love.
This ultimate air fryer cookbook offers:
- Can you air fry that?―Discover an air fryer cookbook full of foods you might never imagine air frying―like pancakes or lobster tails.
- Get creative―Find charts to determine the cooking time for dozens of ingredients, plus air-frying tips and hacks so you can try out recipes of your own.
- Helpful recipe labels―This air fryer cookbook helps you easily locate recipes that are vegetarian, extra fast, or perfect for a group.
Take air frying to the next level with Air Fryer Obsession.
You might also love my first air frying cookbook too!
The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook for Two also makes everything fast and easy. Most recipes take 30 minutes or less and they’re designed with simple prep and minimal clean-up in mind. Nutritional information, serving size descriptions, and recipes for vegetarians, vegans and the gluten-free are also included. There’s so much to savor.
To make Air Fryer Steak Fries you will need…
- russet potatoes washed
- olive oil
- Pappy seasoning optional
- granulated garlic
- shredded parmesan cheese you can use grated too
best steak fries recipe
Products I love when making Air Fryer Steak Fries…
This Air Fryer Steak Fries recipe is SUPER EASY and delicious – and if you’re like me, then you maybe already have some of these items on hand OR maybe you have never made steak fries before, & you might be a bit nervous – but you’re going to love it. I have made a list below of the things I absolutely can’t live without when it comes to making this fry recipe.
- oil sprayer
- Olive Oil
- Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer+ Rotisserie
- Pappy’s seasoning
- granulated garlic
- table salt
Looking for more great potato recipes?
If you love this recipe for Air Fryer Steak Fries as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH KLEINWORTH & CO!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Air Fryer Steak Fries
- 2 russet potatoes washed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Pappy seasoning optional
- 2 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese you can use grated too
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cut potatoes into wedges & place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes & add seasonings.
- Toss to combine & coat.
- Transfer to air fryer basket & insert into the machine.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees & cook for 20 minutes (stirring half way through)
- Serve with ranch dressing or ketchup