If you love Disney recipes but can’t get to the theme park, this Disney Inspired Clam Chowder Bread Bowl will give you all the flavors of New Orleans Square!
Do you love Disney? I grew up not far from the park in Anaheim, so we went there all the time. The first 20 years of my life was spent going to Disneyland as often as possible. One of my absolute favorite things about going is the food. There are so many wonderful things to eat while enjoying the park. The one thing I never leave without eating is the Clam Chowder Bread Bowl. So when my friends & I decided to come together to share our favorite Disney recipes, I knew I had to make this Disney Inspired Clam Chowder Bread Bowl that I just SWOON over!
Disney Inspired Clam Chowder Bread Bowl
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I love chowder already, but putting it in a sourdough bread bowl just puts it over the top for me when it comes to favorites. You just can’t go wrong with that flavor combo of clams & sourdough bread. It’s heaven, I’m telling you! I have to say, it’s really dangerous for me that I can make this at home, whenever I crave it. That means you can bank on this being my dinner at least several times a month. Yep- I love it that much!
I mean – check it out! Making that awesome Disney inspired chowder bowl is as easy as toss & cook in the slow cooker! YUM!
Disney Inspired Clam Chowder Bread Bowl
- 4 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams with juice
- 1 pack bacon- cooked & chopped
- 1 medium onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 6 medium potatoes (russet or red) - peeled & chopped
- 1 cup clam juice from your cans
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ stick (4 tbsp) butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 cups milk
- 4-6 tbsp corn starch
- ½-2 cups instant potato flakes
- Sourdough bread bowls
- Cook bacon until it's crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking add onion, clams, celery, chopped potatoes, clam juice, broth, seasonings & butter to slow cooker & cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours
- When bacon is done - chop & add to soup
- During the last hour - add half & half.
- In a separate bowl combine cornstarch & milk - add to soup & allow to continue to cook & to thicken
- In the last ½ hour - add potato flakes ½ a cup at a time - waiting about 10 minutes before adding more until you reach the thickness you desire
- Ladle out into bread bowls, top with some of the bread you removed from your bread bowl & enjoy
Oh boy do I want some more! This is A-MAZ-ING!!!!
Now that you’ve seen how I make my favorite Disneyland treat at home check out how a few of my blog buddies make their favorites too!
Hand Dipped Corndogs from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
Clam Chowder Bread Bowl from Kleinworth & Co.
Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Treats from Tastefully Frugal
Monte Cristo Sandwich from See Lindsay
Churro Funnel Cake from Artsy Fartsy Mama
Pumpkin Mickey Mouse Beignets from Clarks Condensed
BLT Waffle Fries from Old House To New Home
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches from Love To Be In The Kitchen
Carrot Cake Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Caramel S’mores from My Latina Table
Mickey Marshmallow Wand from Liz On Call
Dole Whip Popsicles from Bite Of Delight
Dole Whips from Girl Loves Glam
Mint Julep Slush from As The Bunny Hops
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas from Pretty Providence
Mickey Mouse Cake Pops from Play Party Plan
Mac’n’Cheese Pizza from Over The Big Moon
Mickey Mouse Beignets from Housewife Eclectic
AND enter to win a chance to try all these tasty treats in person at Disneyland yourself! One lucky winner will receive:
- 4 Day/3 Night Hotel Stay in Anaheim or San Diego (winner’s choice)
- 2 Adult and 2 Kids Tickets to TWO Southern California Parks (winner’s choice)
DON’T MISS THIS SUPER AWESOME GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more great Disney ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE