Homemade Fortune Cookies & Free Printable

Do you like to celebrate the Chinese New Year??  Did you know that it’s the year of the horse for 2014? Are you born in the year of the horse?  I’m actually the year of the Dragon – so this is not my year.  But that isn’t keeping me from having a little fun & celebrating anyway.  I decided to try my hand at making fortune cookies from scratch.  That was so much fun.

Homemade Fortune Cookies & Free Printable

Homemade Fortune Cookies & Free Printable

I was so pleased that these turned out just like what you get with your take-out.

click to continue reading

Comments

1. Andrea Campbell says

How FUN!! I would love to make these. Some years ago when I was teaching English, I used this idea several times as a writing assignment for Chinese New Year: I gave each student three fortune cookies and asked them to enjoy the cookies, then choose their favorite one and expand on it in an essay, using a particular essay form — either descriptive, cause & effect, classification, narrative, compare/contrast, persuasive, etc. They loved it! Now, if I had just been able to make the cookies!

2. says

I have thought to try this but didn’t think there would be a real recipe to follow I thought I’d be winging it. We like Chinese takeout and we always read our fortune cookies with a laugh(we’re not superstitious) I made a joke on April Fool’s Day that it would be funny to have fortune cookies with really crappy stuff printed in them..I think your uplifting quotes are much better..lol. Thanks for sharing.

3. kim says

Adorable! I love Chinese food, and we enjoyed celebrating Chinese New Year when we lived in Thailand…as many of the Thais are Chinese descendants. We loved going out for Dim Sum on weekends, and the interesting big Chinese meals other times. I miss those days, so much!

4. says

Gina, these are beautiful!! What an awesome job you did!! What fun this would be with my girls! Pinned it already, can’t wait to try them!

5. says

Those are awesome!! Next year is my year, sheep/goat…but I will still celebrate. We love Chinese food and I have always wanted to make homemade fortune cookies! The fortunes are so much fun. :)

6. says

Thanks. I’m pinning and saving. With a little girl from China, it’s fun to have this for future celebrations. Meeting you via Play, Party, Pin. I’ll also like/follow your social media. Dana

7. says

I didn’t realize the recipe was so easy. This will be a fun project for the kids during Chinese New Year. I found you at the In and Out Link Party.

8. says

I’m loving these fortune cookies & printable! Such a cute idea :) Thank you so much for linking up this post to The Weekend re-Treat on The Best Blog Recipes! Wanted to stop by and Pin your post to our party boards while I was here tonight :)

Shauna @ The Best Blog Recipes

9. says

Oh…I loved this post on SNAP! You make it look SO easy!
    Thank you for linking up to the Hit Me With Your Best Shot Link Party Last week. Hope to see you and your Awesome ideas tonight at 7 EST!

~Ariean