This time of year it seems that bananas are all the rage. Everyone is working with bananas in the kitchen because we are just not quite to berry season yet. I’m no different. We always have at least 20 bananas in the freezer & a few bunches in the pantry too. Guess there is no shortage of potassium in this house. I like to get creative & try to add a new banana recipe to my list is Best Banana Recipes whenever I can to keep things fresh around here. So I came up with this Triple Chocolate Banana Bread that is a great addition to the list. I mean just hearing the words triple & chocolate in the same sentence will get my attention. Then add banana bread – something the whole family loves & I’m all in.
I decided to make 3 mini loaves because…well, I have not used my mini loaf pans very much & they are so much cuter than a regular loaf. They make fabulous gifts.
This was absolutely PERFECT with a little jar of my toasted coconut hot fudge.
It’s truly chocolate overload & the family is already begging for more.
Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup - room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs- room temperature
- 4 small bananas - mashed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 3 mini loaf pans with bakers joy - set aside
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda & baking powder
- In mixer bowl combine butter & sugars until fluffy
- Slowly stir in eggs & bananas
- Add dry mixture & stir until just combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop into prepared pans
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick test is clean
- Top with chocolate syrup or with my toasted coconut hot fudge (see below)
Looking for more great easy breakfast ideas?
Oh & here’s the Toasted Coconut Hot Fudge!
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE