This is The Best Loaded Baked Potato Dip that combines sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, and creamy sour cream with a few other ingredients to give you all of the flavors of a loaded baked potato, but in dip form.
This creamy, cheesy dip is one of my favorite appetizers. It’s a total crowd-pleaser and you can serve it with so many different fun dippers.
The next time you’re looking for an easy dip recipe, try this super simple dip that’s sure to please everyone’s palate.
Common Questions about Loaded Baked Potato Dip
What is loaded baked potato dip?
Loaded baked potato dip is a creamy and cheesy dip made with the types of toppings you might put on a loaded baked potato. Ours is a mix of sour cream, bacon, cheese, and chives.
What are the ingredients in loaded baked potato dip?
The ingredients may vary, just like on a loaded potato, but they typically include bacon, sour cream, and cheese.
How do you make loaded baked potato dip?
It’s so easy to make this dip! Just combine the ingredients in one bowl.
You can easily store this dip in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days (or cover the serving bowl with plastic wrap).
It’s so easy to make this delectable dip.
- Take the dip out of the fridge at least 10 minutes before serving so that it’s at the perfect temperature.
- Use sturdy dippers for this hearty dip.
- Shred the cheese (instead of buying it shredded already) for the freshest flavor.
- To make it quicker and easier to make the bacon, try cooking it in the oven. Just place the slices in a single, even layer on a baking sheet.
All you need are some simple ingredients from the grocery store to whip up the perfect dip for parties or game day.
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Bacon (cooked until crisp and crumbled)
- Fresh chives (minced)
- Hot sauce
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Salt and black pepper – (optional)
- Cooked waffle fries (for serving)
Kitchen Supplies You’ll Need
You won’t need to dirty too many dishes to make this easy dip.
- Large mixing bowl
How To Whip Up This Simple Dip
This quick and easy dip is ready in just minutes.
- Add all ingredients (except waffle fries) to a large bowl and stir together until completely combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until close to serving time.
- Allow the dip to come to room temperature before serving.
What To Serve With Loaded Baked Potato Dip
Choose anything you might typically serve with your favorite dip.
- Vegetables – Celery, carrots, and sliced bell peppers are great dippers.
- Crackers – Thick crackers will work well with this dip.
- Chips – Use either hearty potato chips, pita chips, or tortilla chips.
- Bread – Try dipping warm pita bread or crusty crostini into this dip.
Why You Should Make This Dip
You’ll fall in love with this loaded baked potato dip!
- Easy – There’s only a couple of minutes of prep work needed to make this savory dip.
- Delicious – What could be more satisfying than a creamy dip dotted with crumbles of salty bacon and loaded with cheese?
- Customizable – Just like with toppings on a potato, you can make all sorts of swaps to create a signature dip.
- Versatile – This dip is as great for a game-day spread as it is to take to a birthday party or baby shower.
Variations and Add-ins
Make your own version of the dip with any number of variations.
- Meat – Instead of bacon try finely diced ham or pancetta.
- Cheese – Substitute shredded pepper jack cheese or your favorite cheese.
- Yogurt – Instead of sour cream, use Greek yogurt.
- Mayo – For a richer dip, substitute mayo for some of the sour cream.
- Fries – Instead of waffle fries, make thick-cut french fries to go along with the dip.
- Cream cheese – For an even cheesier dip, mix in some cream cheese. You may want to use an electric mixer to make mixing easier.
- Bacon – If you’re short on time, try using real bacon bits instead of making the bacon.
- Dressing – Try adding even more flavor by pouring in some dressing mix (like ranch).
If you love this easy dip recipe, you’re going to love these other appetizers and snacks too. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
More Delicious Dips
If you love this recipe for party dip recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
The Best Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 slices bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- ¼ cup chives minced – fresh
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder optional
salt and black pepper – optional
cooked waffle fries – for serving
- In a large bowl, stir together the sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon, chives, hot sauce, and seasonings. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate until 10 minutes prior to serving. The dip is best if left at room temperature just prior to serving.
- Serve the dip with waffle fries, sturdy potato chips, or any other favorite dippers.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.