It’s no secret that I love easy family dinner ideas. I am on a mission to share with you all more of what we make for dinner – with easy being KING in our house. If you have ever watched a show like Chopped it’s pretty inspiring because it’s about taking just a few ingredients to start with as a base & creating something spectacular & unique with it all. So with this I started with a couple things, added a few more & created these Cheesy Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken Breast for dinner the other night. It was ONE FABULOUS DINNER.
Here is what I started out with – just boneless, skinless chicken breast, red bell pepper, Greek yogurt & Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian.
Sargento is excited to host a “Chopped at Home” contest, and they want to see how you take on the Chopped challenge with Sargento cheese! Showcase your style as an at-home cook using real ingredients and your culinary imagination. Get creative and come up with your best Chopped-inspired dish featuring Sargento Shredded Cheese. Enter the Chopped at Home contest & you could win $10,000!
I added a few other ingredients to make this into FABULOUS cheesy red pepper stuffed chicken breast that the whole family was swooning over.
Honestly – it looks so much harder than it is. Stuff, roll, top & bake – that’s it. Add a side of veggies & you have yourself a delish dish suitable for company.
I love changing the way we enjoy chicken. It can be so easy to get stuck in a rut. But with challenges that push you to find your creativity with a specific list of ingredients it makes boring turn exciting real quick.
Cheesy Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 6-7 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- 1-2 cups Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian divided
- 1 red pepper diced into small pieces
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp season salt
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray - set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer - combine the cream cheese, 1 cup of the shredded cheese & the bell pepper - beat until well blended and creamy.
- In a small bowl combine greek yogurt & parmesan cheese - whip together until fully blended - set aside.
- Pound chicken breast with a meat tenderizer until flat.
- Take each chicken breast & spoon a little of the cheese/bell pepper mixture in the center - roll it up & place it in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with each breast.
- Once all the chicken is stuffed - spread on your yogurt/cheese mixture.
- Top with the bread crumbs and seasonings (garlic, seasoned salt, salt and pepper).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- When you have about 5 minutes left - remove & top with the remaining cheese & return to the oven to allow it to melt & brown.
Want more Easy Family Dinner Ideas?
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE