These lip-smacking Soft Pretzel Bites are so incredibly good, you’ll want to make them all the time. Fortunately, they are easy to make, which means they the perfect game day & race day snack.
I think by now you all know how much I love my snack foods. I have talked about how we take game day quite seriously in this house. But the playoffs are not always happening & the big game is just one day – no matter, I am always in full party food mode around here with these Soft Pretzel Bites. You would think it all dies down once the season ends. Well, not exactly.
How to make soft pretzels
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are also HUGE NASCAR fans. When we lived in Vegas we would go to the races as they would come to town twice a year. I’m quite the motor head & LOVE cars- especially beefy ones that shake you to the core. So now that I can’t be AT the races feeling the shredded rubber flying off the track as the cars fly by – we make a huge homegating spread here & watch the races on the big screen with the surround sound going. The food is a huge part of making the experience great – starting with these Soft Pretzel Bites.
All soft & chewy – these were so good. It was really hard to stop sampling them for long enough to get the pictures to share with you all. Dipping in hot melted cheese – OMG. They were super easy to make – ready in under 30 minutes. AND – even my daughter (who strangely enough doesn’t love soft pretzels) really loves them.
Soft Pretzel Bites
I mean- I really can’t explain why she is the only one in the house that doesn’t like a traditional soft pretzel. We literally sat at Disney for nearly an hour while she ate her ridiculously expensive soft pretzel. If we had known before that she didn’t like them- we would have bought her something else. But there we sat – waiting for her to get through it while my mom tied to convince us that Disney was not the place to hold to our rule of “you eat what is put in front of you”.
Anyway…when it came time for everyone to enjoy these pretzel bites – I wasn’t planning on her joining in. I will have to make more next time so that there is enough for us all – because the kids made us really have to fight to get some.
These are absolutely perfect for any snacking occasion!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Looking for more snack recipes?
Soft Pretzel Bites
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1¼ cups warm milk 110°-120°F
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup baking soda
- 1 large egg
- coarse salt or pretzel salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper- set aside
- Add milk into mixer bowl
- Sprinkle yeast over top
- Add corn syrup and stir with a fork gently
- Allow yeast to bloom for 5-10 minutes
- Once it is nice and foamy, it is ready
- Fill large stock pot with water and bring to a boil over medium high heat
- In a small bowl beat egg and 2 tablespoons water with a fork -Set aside
- Add flour and salt to mixer
- Knead with dough hook until the dough comes together in one ball
- Add more flour a tablespoon at a time as needed- Dough should be tacky- not sticky
- Place dough on counter top and form dough into a ball
- Using a pastry cutter or butter knife- cut this ball into 60-65 pieces
- The easiest way to do this is to quarter the ball of dough
- Roll each quarter into an 15-20” strand
- Cut that into equal pieces
- Carefully, add baking soda to boiling water just a little sprinkle at a time.
- CAUTION: IT WILL BOIL RAPIDLY.
- Place dough pieces into boiling water about 10-15 at a time
- Remove with a slotted spoon after 30 seconds
- Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat until all bites have been boiled
- Arrange all pretzel bites so they are not touching
- Brush each with egg wash
- Sprinkle with course salt
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until the tops are browned