These Soft Oatmeal Snickers Cookies are a thick & chewy oatmeal cookie stuffed full of Snickers candy bars & chocolate chips. So easy & so yummy too!
Soft Oatmeal Snickers Cookies
Today my youngest, my daughter Anya, is taking over the blog to share with you this delicious cookie recipe we created together the other day. She loves being in the kitchen with me & is always coming up with great ideas for delicious recipes.
Hello! My name is Anya. I absolutely adore chewy, chocolaty sweets. When we came up with the idea of Oatmeal Snickers Cookies I knew it was just perfect to share with you here today. This was the first time I really baked. Usually my mom does all the work & I just help. This time I really got to do it myself. I learned so much & had fun in the process. It was a great thing to do on a rainy day.
I’m definitely like my mother & love to spend time in the kitchen. I think that these cookies are delectable. With the perfect chocolate proportions. Please enjoy!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks butter) melted- cooled slightly
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 old fashioned or quick oats
- 15 Snickers mini candy bars chopped
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line several baking sheets with parchment - it's important to not put dough on hot baking sheets- so if you are rotating sheets, make sure they have cooled before adding more dough
- In mixer bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt & sugars
- Stir in melted butter & vanilla until mixture is crumbly
- Beat in eggs, followed by the oats until mixed well
- Fold in chopped Snickers bars
- Taking tablespoon size portions, scoop dough & roll into balls & place on lined baking sheet approx 2 inches apart
- Bake 8-10 minutes- until golden & edges are set
- Remove & immediately top with a few chocolate chips per cookie while hot
- Allow to cool on baking sheet several minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely
- Store in airtight container at room temperature
Didn’t she just do a great job with these??!!! Thank you Anya for your delicious idea!!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more of our favorite cookie recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE