This time of year is so treat heavy. I try to make better choices through the week. One thing I have really been trying to do is to take our family favorites & change them up a bit to make them in skinny versions. This way we can still enjoy the things we love- but have to spend far less time working it all off at the gym. Life is so crazy busy these days & so I really love products that make my life easier & are convenient without sacrifice. It seems most of the time if I want fast & easy it comes with a high calorie price. So I created this Skinny Caramel Popcorn for my family so we don’t have to feel like we are compromising. Let me tell you – it satisfies every craving & doesn’t taste skinny – which is why I love it.
Heat & Mix it altogether – enjoy!! So simple- only takes a couple minutes.
My poor daughter – since she has braces she can’t enjoy this with the rest of us.
She is sure going to be happy when she can try this.
The mix ins are great too. With regular caramel popcorn I would mix in some chocolate covered candy or marshmallows – or both. I have been known to mix in all sorts of things – but you know, this was just as good & I didn’t feel like I was missing out on any of that.
Skinny Caramel Popcorn
- *Note- this is a family size recipe
- 3 bags Skinnygirl Popcorn - popped
- 1 cup yogurt covered raisins
- 1 cup trail mix of choice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Starting with the sauce
- Combine coconut oil & honey in small sauce pan & heat on medium until coconut oil is melted & the two are blended.
- Remove from heat
- Add salt & vanilla - stir & set aside to cool
- Meanwhile- pop popcorn & place in a large bowl
- Add your desired mix-ins
- Once your "caramel" is cooled slightly it will look like thicker, milky honey
- Pour over your popcorn mix & stir to coat evenly
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more great skinny versions of tasty favorites?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE