Do you love easy crock pot meals? Yeah – me too. Easy Family Dinner Ideas are my favorite. I love those days when I can throw everything in there & let it go & dinner is done. As these days get shorter it seems like the hubs gets home & before I know it- it’s time for bed. So anything I can do to speed up the dinner process the better it is for my sanity. A long while ago I came up with this recipe for Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Soup that has turned into a family favorite. I’m sure it will be for you too!!
It’s not completely homemade- there is a little canned soup & chicken stock involved. But that’s part of the ease of it all. All these ingredients I keep on hand at all times – so when I am in a pinch for dinner it’s really nice to throw this together & not worry about it.
These cooler temps definitely call for a warm & hearty soup.
I am seriously obsessed with this one. I have a hard time not going back for seconds.
When we have company & need to make a lot – this recipe doubles quite well. Sometimes I do that even when we are not having company & then we have leftovers for a couple days. So one easy meal turns into 2-3…maybe that’s why I love it so much.
Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Soup
- 5 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast - cut into chunks
- 1/2 purple onion - diced
- 1 - 26 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 12 ounces salsa
- 3 sweet peppers- diced
- 1/2 bell pepper - diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers - diced
- 1 to mato - diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place all ingredients - except cheese - into crock pot & cover
- Cook on high 4-6 hours - stirring occasionally
- After about 4 hours - remove chicken & pull apart in separate bowl
- Return back to soup & cook another 1-2 hours
- In the final 30 minutes - add cheese - stir
- Top with additional cheese when serving
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more great soups?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]