Do you love easy crock pot meals? Yeah – me too. Easy Family Dinner Ideas are my favorite. I love those days when I can throw everything in there & let it go & dinner is done. As these days get shorter it seems like the hubs gets home & before I know it- it’s time for bed. So anything I can do to speed up the dinner process the better it is for my sanity. A long while ago I came up with this recipe for Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Soup that has turned into a family favorite. I’m sure it will be for you too!!
It’s not completely homemade- there is a little canned soup & chicken stock involved. But that’s part of the ease of it all. All these ingredients I keep on hand at all times – so when I am in a pinch for dinner it’s really nice to throw this together & not worry about it.
These cooler temps definitely call for a warm & hearty soup.
I am seriously obsessed with this one. I have a hard time not going back for seconds.
When we have company & need to make a lot – this recipe doubles quite well. Sometimes I do that even when we are not having company & then we have leftovers for a couple days. So one easy meal turns into 2-3…maybe that’s why I love it so much.
Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Soup
- 5 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast - cut into chunks
- 26 ounces cream of chicken soup 1 large can (just the soup- don't add water as this will be taken care of with the broth)
- 16 ounces chicken broth you can use water instead if needed
- 12 ounces salsa
- 3 sweet peppers - diced (we love using the mini sweet peppers like these https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fresh-Mini-Sweet-Peppers-16-oz-bag/10324377?athbdg=L1200 )
- ½ purple onion - diced
- ½ bell pepper - diced (whichever color you prefer)
- 2 jalapeno peppers - diced
- 1 tomato - diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, salsa, sweet peppers, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, and tomato in the crock pot & cover.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours - stirring occasionally.
- After about 4 hours - remove the chicken & pull it apart in a separate bowl to shred.
- Return the now pulled chicken back to soup & cook another 1-2 hours on low.
- In the final 30 minutes - add the cheese - stir.
- Top with additional cheese when serving if desired.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more great soups?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]