Do you love Krispies Treats? Oh I absolutely do!! I love them all by themselves – but then I love to jazz them up a bit depending on the mood or occasion. All that Krispie marshmallow goodness goes with so many things. I was really craving a combo of nuts, marshmallows & chocolate – but I still wanted the Krispies Treats too. So I came up with these Rocky Road Krispies Treats that completely satisfied all those wishes all in one snack. The perfect addition to my Yummy Bar Recipes list for sure. These were such a hit with the family that I can’t wait to share them at our next party. I know I will have to make a platter full- they won’t last long.
There are so many things you can make with Rice Krispies Treats. What would you pair with Rice Krispies treats??
Rocky Road Krispies Treats
- 6 - Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® squares
- ½ cup - dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup - M&M’s plain or M&M’s Peanut Butter – or a mixture of both if desired
- 1/3 cup – JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- ½ cup – walnuts
- Unwrap Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® squares & place on baking sheet
- Place dark chocolate chips in small bowl & microwave in 30 second increments – stirring in between each interval until chocolate is melted.
- Once melted, spoon onto the top of each treat & spread evenly to cover the top.
- Immediately add your other rocky road toppings starting with the marshmallows, then walnuts & finally ending with the M&M’s until covered.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to cool & set the melted chocolate.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
How about more Yummy Bar recipes?
No Bake Chocolate Caramel Oat Bars
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
Oo, they look delicious! I love crispie treats!
Kim Cunningham says
Looks really good and filling with the toppings!
jesh stg says
It makes sense, so you can use some more of the marshmellows since you already opened the bag for the rice crispies! My grandkids go wild about the M&M’s Thanks you for sharing this recipe. A happy Easter to you:)
Blair @ The Seasoned Mom says
I love your twist on the classic Rice Krispie Treat, Gina. So easy, yet so delicious!!! 🙂
Kelly @ Texas Type A Mom says
These look absolutely amazing! I love all of the delicious flavors you included here! #client
Yum!! My kids would love this too. Thanks for sharing. I’m pinning!
I never thought to doctor up the pre-made treats.
Thanks for sharing on the Tasty Tuesdays Linky. Hope to see you back next week.
Theresa @DearCreatives says
Thanks for sharing your recipe at the Inspiration Spotlight party! Pinned & sharing. These look yummy I bet the kids will love them!
Miz Helen says
I love Rocky Road, these bars will be delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a wonderful week.
Come Back Soon!
I may have just drooled all over my keyboard! 🙂 YUM!
Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!
Catherine Holt says
I can completely understand why these were a hit with the family. I think these would be a party favorite 🙂
Thanks for linking to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.