Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies are a soft & chewy peanut butter cookie recipe topped with a dollop of blackberry preserves. Even better when you make your own jam to add on top. Easy dessert & a PB&J lovers dream! Don’t miss my favorite jam recipe I share at the end too. So good!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies
Do you love PB&J? It’s a childhood classic that I still love to this day. Something about pairing that creamy, salty, wonderful peanut butter with a sticky, sweet jam just makes me smile. Oh boy is that delicious. So of course this month for Peanut Butter Bash our secret ingredient is JELLY! Yep- the classic is ON today! So I had about a zillion recipes run through my head including the one my mom used to make for me when I was little- an over the top PB&J sandwich. But then my son asked me to make PB&J cookies instead & I thought that was a fabulous idea!
I originally thought I would make them sandwich cookie style – but when it came right down to it, just a dollop of preserves right on top was all these needed. I made a batch of my blackberry jam using the same recipe from my mixed berry jam. It’s definitely the favorite in this house. Even better- crumble these cookies on top of ice cream & heat a little jam into a syrup & drizzle it on. Oh man- I know what I’m having for dessert tonight. YUM!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter I used natural peanut butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup preserves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In mixer - combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk & vanilla. Beat well.
- Add eggs - beating until just combined
- Add flour, baking soda & salt - beat on low to combine & then beat well for approx 1 minute to bring to a fluffier consistency
- Take tablespoon size portion & roll between hands to form a ball on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown
- Remove & cool on tray approx 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool - add dollop of jam on cookie
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
You definitely have to make these!
Then check out all these other PB&J recipes being shared by all my AWESOME blogger friends!
Looking for more of our favorite cookie recipes?
Don’t forget the jam recipe!!!
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Cooking Classy – Grilled PB&J
Baking A Moment – Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE