I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
An American twist on the classic Venezuelan dish, these Peanut Butter & Jelly Arepas are absolutely divine. Great easy recipe sandwich alternative.
Have you ever had arepas? They are a classic Venezuelan recipe made with white cornmeal like you see above, that is so versatile. Typically prepared like a grilled cheese or even stuffed full of meat & other great sandwich add-ins that are delicious.
Instead of preparing one of those, I decided to put an all-American twist on it. You see, in my research of them I saw that someone mentioned how great these were in place on English muffins for breakfast. I just couldn’t shake that urge to add some jam to a couple, so I just had to make a good ol’ PB&J. It’s was absolutely delicious!!!
As I mentioned, I used my favorite, P.A.N. Cornmeal, which was founded & is based in Venezuela. Great versatility & excellent flavor, this cornmeal is fabulous! It’s definitely a pantry staple. It’s existed for many years but just recently made it’s way to the U.S. — For more great recipes using P.A.N Cornmeal -visit P.A.N. on Tumblr
What would you stuff into your arepas?
Peanut Butter & Jelly Arepas
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp peanut butter
- 3-4 tbsp homemade jam/jelly
- In a medium bowl, combine white corn meal, oil & salt
- Add the water slowly until it absorbs
- Mix with your hands until dough forms, kneading until smooth & manageable
- Form a large ball & then section into about 6 equal parts
- For those 6 equal parts into smooth patties
- Place on preheated griddle & cook on medium to low heat until golden brown (7-10 minutes each side)
- Remove & cool on wire rack
- Once they are cool enough to handle but still slightly warm, split the open & add in your peanut butter & jelly
Looking for more great cornmeal recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE