Do you have recipes that you say you will make every year & then just never get around to it. Me too- year after year. So I have vowed that this year will be the year that I actually get it done. On the top of my list – bark. But not just any bark – this year I made Mixed Nut Bark. Finally – I made it & it was every bit as good as I thought it would be. You see – the salty & sweet come together ever so perfectly. I have a serious love for chocolate & nuts. I will always choose a chocolate treat with nuts rather than one without. It’s definitely a favorite combination for me, which is why making chocolate bark with nuts just makes my heart sing.
This works as your double boiler. Just a bowl on top of the pan – the pan is filled half way with water. The steam from the boiling water is what heats the bowl enough to melt the chocolate. This is my fail proof method for melting chocolate. I don’t recommend the microwave because it can heat inconsistently & burn the chocolate. It’s not usable & can’t be recovered after that.
Once this is melted – just spread it on a parchment lined baking sheet & top with the mixed nuts & sea salt.
Then drizzle a little white chocolate over the top. Allow to cool before breaking.
This bark makes a great gift. It’s super easy & quick to make too.
This batch is now gone – but I’m really looking forward to making some more for all our friends & family.
Mixed Nut Bark
- 2-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 1-1/2 cups Planter's Mixed Nuts from the Holiday Collection Tin
- 1-2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet with parchment - set aside
- In a medium bowl combine semi-sweet chocolate & shortening
- Place over a small pot filled half way with water (this works as your double boiler)
- Heat over medium - stirring your chocolate until melted completely
- Once melted & smooth - immediately pour onto prepared parchment lined baking sheet & smooth out flat
- Sprinkle on your mixed nuts & sea salt
- Melt your white chocolate (this works best in a small squeeze bottle (just place the chocolate in & set in a cup of hot water to melt it)
- Once your white chocolate is melted - drizzle over top of bark
- Place in refrigerator for several hours to harden
- Once firm- use a butter knife & press into the bark to break apart
- Store in an airtight container
Want more great holiday recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE