This post was sponsored by the US Potato Board. I thank them for supporting Kleinworth & Co. because it helps me to continue to bring to you amazing and inspiring content!
These Homemade Potato Chips are so easy to make. Just potatoes, salt & your microwave is all you need. No oil, better for you, simple & so delicious too.
Homemade Potato Chips
It’s time to get back to the grind. I’m sure many people have resolved to eat out less & brown bag it to work. That’s a great resolution! I know I feel so much better when I eat less food “to-go” but it’s hard to make those changes. I think the easiest part about sticking to something is to make yourself think you aren’t missing anything by making the change. For example, you might be inclined to add a bag of chips to your lunch you are now packing. But that might defeat the purpose of skipping the meal out at fast food. So cutting out a bag of chips in your lunch is smart. But maybe you can have those chips you love. Just take a few minutes on the weekend & make your own Homemade Potato Chips. They are so simple & you can add them as a snack all week long.
I know what you are thinking, “homemade chips- doesn’t that require oil & defeat the purpose”. Nope – no oil & they are still so tasty. I’m telling you, these are simple & incredibly good. I may never buy a bag of chips ever again. Plus it’s a great way to use up any remaining potatoes you may have in the pantry. Just a couple goes a long way. Potatoes are a nutritious way to add vital nutrients to your day.
Homemade Potato Chips
- 1 large russet potato
- salt I prefer popcorn salt for these as it's ultra fine grain
- Peel potato & then use a mandolin or food processor to cut into thin slices
- Place slices in a bowl of water to keep from browning while you work
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a glass plate
- Spread out potato slices on parchment in a single layer
- Sprinkle with salt if desired & microwave on high 3-7 minutes (this depends on your microwave & thickness of your slices)
- They are done when crisp & slightly golden
Try using America’s favorite foods- potatoes in your lunch! These are DELICIOUS!
Looking for more easy snack recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE