My family loves blueberries. I suppose you could have probably figured that out with the amount of blueberry recipes I share here in this little space. Usually I’m good with just the blueberries – but this year I can’t seem to get enough of the classic combo of lemon & blueberries. I have been pairing them together over & over & loving every minute of it. I decided to revamp my classic blueberry syrup & make this Lemon Blueberry Syrup which I have been adding to just about everything around here.
You really can’t go wrong with this. Add it to your pancakes, waffles, ice cream- it’s all good. My kids love adding it to their morning oatmeal. I used it in something extra yummy that I will be sharing with you later this week. So be sure to come on back for that- you won’t want to miss it.
Lemon Blueberry Syrup
- 1-1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan
- Bring to a boil over high heat
- Reduce heat & simmer approx 10 minutes
- Remove from heat - carefully transfer to blender
- Blend for about 30 seconds- make sure that mixture is smooth
- Transfer to sterilized syrup bottle - store in refrigerator
- *NOTE- please use caution when blending hot liquids.
Want More Blueberry Recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE