The weather is heating up & we are spending more & more time in our backyard than in the house. I love this time of year because the grill is going nearly every day & it makes the evenings so enjoyable. I made you all a promise a little while ago. I promised that I would be simplifying all my recipes to bring you the very best in quick & easy all summer long. I have already shared some dessert & beverage recipes that fit that description. But today I’m sharing one of many grilling recipes that I know you will love. I love Easy Family Dinner Ideas like this Garlic Sausage & Asparagus made in easy grilled foil packs will make dinner simple & DELICIOUS all summer long.
I started with Sausage. Remember when I Instagrammed that pic of asparagus?
Well I used that as my base in my foil pack. Then I laid the sausage on top.
Then I added my garlic, salt, pepper, purple onions & some olive oil.
I crimped the foil tightly together to keep all the steam in & placed them on the grill for about 20 minutes.
(you can also do this in a 400 degree oven if you can’t wait for grilling season)
Have you tried foil pack grilling before? It’s so incredibly easy. I love that it takes things that would normally be difficult to grill & keeps them all nice & tidy & clean in the little pack. You all know how I like things clean. Plus it makes portions super easy because you can have them all ready for each person. I love that I can prep these in the morning & pop them in the fridge. Then when we are ready to grill at the end of the day all we have to do it fire it up & we are set to go. Then there is always the ease of being able to do these while camping too. Set them over your campfire for a while- there you go. You have a fabulous dinner out in the wilderness.
Garlic Sausage & Asparagus : Easy Family Dinner Ideas
- 2 packs Guy Fieri Sausages
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- salt pepper, granulated garlic to taste
- 1/2 purple onion - sliced & separated
- 2 tbsp olive oil per packet
- 1 lemon cut into wedges for additional garnish & flavor
- Heat your grill to approx 400 degrees
- Lay out 4 large sheets of foil
- Rinse your asparagus & cut off dry ends
- Place 4-5 pieces of on each foil sheet.
- Add 2 sausages per foil sheet on top of the asparagus
- Add several rings of onions on each
- Top with 2 tbsp of minced garlic per packet
- Add salt, pepper & granulated garlic
- Drizzle with approx 2 tbsp olive oil per packet
- Tightly crimp the foil ends together & fold in any excess to create an airtight wrap around your food
- Once the grill is ready - place packets on grill & close the lid.
- Allow to cook approx 20 minutes or until the asparagus feels soft through the pack
- *Don't open the pack until you are ready to eat - you want to keep that steam in there
- *You will hear it boiling inside- that's good
- When ready to enjoy - add a little fresh lemon squeeze over the top - YUM!
Looking for more easy Family Dinner Ideas?
Cheddar & Chive Beer Bread goes great with this grilled dinner
I participated in a Influencer Activation for Guy Fieri Sausage. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE