This Frosted Sugar Cookie Liquor is made with Frosted Sugar Cookie coffee creamer, white chocolate & white rum. Makes for a delicious homemade holiday gift.
Frosted Sugar Cookie Liquor
I like making something special for gift giving during the holidays. Last year for our gifts to the neighbors, I gave them a jar of our pepper jelly along with the crackers & cream cheese we like to have with it. It’s a family tradition to have that on Christmas. I think it’s very personal to share something like that with others you care about, which is why I chose that. When making homemade gifts I think it’s important for it to come from the heart. Not just a random cookie recipe or something of the like. It should be something that has a tie, a meaning into your soul. That’s what makes it so special. Every year I also try to make sure I create at least one homemade liquor drink to share with friends & family. One year it was homemade Kahlua, & the year before that was homemade fruit brandy. This year I decided to take the wonderful holiday flavor of sugar cookies (that is the official favorite cookie in this house) & create this Frosted Sugar Cookie Liquor. It’s easier than you think & oh so wonderfully scrumptious.
It’s smooth & creamy. Absolutely perfect for adding a little over ice cream in the evening after the kids go to bed. Or maybe add a little to a cake recipe, pie or brownies for your adult only holiday parties. Oh can you imagine this drizzled over a warm piece of pie!! Yum! It definitely brings lots of smiles when people see sugar cookie & liquor in the same sentence. It makes it so easy when International Delight creates great flavors like Sugar Cookie.
- 2 ounces good quality white chocolate (this is super important- don't use anything that says "white chips" the quality of the chocolate is key. (brands like Ghiradelli, Guittard, Valrhona are perfect to use)
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream- divided
- ¾ cup sugar cookie flavored coffee creamer
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz white rum
- Rough chop your chocolate & place in a small saucepan
- Add sugar & ¼ cup of the heavy cream & heat over low stirring constantly until chocolate & sugar are melted & mixture is smooth
- Add remaining heavy cream & coffee creamer
- Remove from heat & add your rum & vanilla
- Cool room temperature before transferring to air tight bottle
- Store in refrigerator
This really is so incredibly delicious. I love having a little in a night cap.
I’ll definitely be gifting some to my friends too!
Looking for more homemade liquor recipes?
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE