It’s almost March! Can you believe that?! I’m itching for spring – probably because it’s still below freezing outside. But that doesn’t mean that I’m not getting in the St. Patty’s Day mood around here. I love celebrating the Luck of the Irish with food & drinks & fun. I decided that after years of putting it off – I would make my own homemade Irish Cream liqueur. I have been on a homemade liquor kick this year – so this was the perfect time – only I gave it one tiny twist.
I decided to use Bushmills Irish Honey Whiskey in this recipe instead of regular whiskey.
It changes the flavor from your traditional Irish Cream – but still great.
Oh my – I’m really looking forward to using this in some upcoming recipes. Stay tuned for those.
Honey Irish Cream ~ Homemade Liqueur
- 1 cup Bushmills Irish Honey Whiskey or regular Irish whiskey if you don't want the added hint of honey.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 3 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Place all ingredients in blender & pulse to combine.
- Pour over rocks for immediate serving or store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Want More Homemade Liquor?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE