Fresh Strawberry Buttercream Frosting is the perfect way to bring the summer flavor of strawberries to your birthday or holiday celebrations. Yummy Dessert!
Who loves strawberries? Our family is crazy for them. We have a bush out back & no sooner do those berries turn ripe & the kids have them picked clean.
I think in the 3 years we have had it, I have only been able to scrape up enough berries for one batch of jam because the kids eat them as soon as they are ready.
But that’s okay, I can usually get a screaming deal on big flats of them through our co-op. I love doing that because I feel like I’m back in So Cal where you can stop at any strawberry field on the corner & get a massive tray of the most gorgeous strawberries you have ever seen.
I really miss that, but I can still create the feeling with our spread at the co-op. One of my favorite things to make when I have an abundance of strawberries is Fresh Strawberry Buttercream Frosting. It’s like all the wonderful flavors of summer- topped on a cupcake! YUM!
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This is really easy to make too, which is why I love using it on favorite recipes like these Bakery-Style Vanilla Cupcakes I shared last week! Definitely one of my favorite recipes passed down from my mom. She made the most amazing cakes.
Here are some commonly asked questions
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes -You bet. Just thaw them completely before using.
HOW TO MAKE Fresh Strawberry Buttercream Frosting?
- Place strawberries in a blender & puree until smooth.
- Transfer puree to a small saucepan & bring to a boil over medium heat – stir often & cook until reduced by half – remove from heat, cool completely.
- Once cooled, beat butter until light & fluffy.
- Add in half of the confectioner’s sugar & continue beating until well blended.
- Add in strawberry puree & vanilla – beat.
- Beat in remaining confectioners sugar until creamy.
If you want a fresh, summery flavor for your summer celebrations – this is the frosting for you!
To make this recipe you will need…
- fresh strawberries
- confectioners sugar
- pure vanilla extract
If you love this frosting recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH KLEINWORTH & CO!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Looking for more sweet treat recipes?
Fresh Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place strawberries in a blender & puree until smooth
- Transfer puree to a small saucepan & bring to a boil over medium heat - stir often & cook until reduced by half - remove from heat, cool completely
- Once cooled, beat butter until light & fluffy
- Add in half of the confectioner's sugar & continue beating until well blended
- Add in strawberry puree & vanilla - beat
- Beat in remaining confectioners sugar until creamy