Chilled tortellini coated in breadcrumbs & fried to golden perfection make an incredibly tasty snack. Make this Deep Fried Tortellini as a crispy & crunchy appetizer that is perfect for any game day, tailgating or party.
Mmmmmm – you know, there are some things you try that really make you want to have more. The other night we went out for some Italian. We were celebrating some things- promotions, birthdays & house stuff. Lots of things to be happy & thankful for – so of course food (in large quantities) was part of the day.
We ordered a sampler appetizer platter. It had deep fried ravioli for us to try. Holy smokes- how have I never had them before??!! It was one of those moments where you look at it & say “where has this been all my life?”.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The very next morning I sent the hubs on a mission to pick me up some ravioli. Well- he came home with ravioli but also tortellini. We ended up using the ravioli for the Tuscan Ravioli Soup I shared last week. So no worries- I can fry the tortellini just as easily- right?!! 🙂 That is where these Deep Fried Tortellini come into the mix.
Every bit as good as the ravioli in the restaurant.
Deep Fried Tortellini
Yep- dip, pop & go!!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
For this recipe you will need…
Looking for more awesome snacks to knock your socks off?
Deep Fried Tortellini
- 1 qt. peanut oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs - beaten
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Seasoning I like the one sold at Cabellas
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 3 tbsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 chilled Tortellini 20 ounce package
- Preheat your oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Place your flour in a large bowl, beaten eggs in another large bowl.
- Place all your seasonings, cheese & bread crumbs in a large zip top bag.
- Working in 2 batches - place your tortellini in your flour- toss to coat
- Shaking off excess flour- place tortellini in bowl with eggs & toss - coating well
- Transfer to your bag of seasonings - zip top closed & give a good shake to make sure tortellini is completely coated
- Once oil is hot (about 350 degrees) - place several tortellini in carefully & allow to cook until golden brown & cooked throughout
- Remove & place in a large bowl lined with a paper towel to drain. Give a light sprinkle of salt.
- Repeat with remaining tortellini
- Serve immediately- can dip in marinara sauce if desired
*Recipe adapted from Just a Taste/ Deep Fried Ravioli on a Stick