Chilled tortellini coated in breadcrumbs & fried to golden perfection make an incredibly tasty snack. Make this Deep Fried Tortellini as a crispy & crunchy appetizer that is perfect for any game day, tailgating or party.
Mmmmmm – you know, there are some things you try that really make you want to have more. The other night we went out for some Italian. We were celebrating some things- promotions, birthdays & house stuff. Lots of things to be happy & thankful for – so of course food (in large quantities) was part of the day.
We ordered a sampler appetizer platter. It had deep fried ravioli for us to try. Holy smokes- how have I never had them before??!! It was one of those moments where you look at it & say “where has this been all my life?”.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The very next morning I sent the hubs on a mission to pick me up some ravioli. Well- he came home with ravioli but also tortellini. We ended up using the ravioli for the Tuscan Ravioli Soup I shared last week. So no worries- I can fry the tortellini just as easily- right?!! 🙂 That is where these Deep Fried Tortellini come into the mix.
Every bit as good as the ravioli in the restaurant.
Deep Fried Tortellini
Yep- dip, pop & go!!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
For this recipe you will need…
Looking for more awesome snacks to knock your socks off?
Deep Fried Tortellini
- 1 qt. peanut oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs - beaten
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Seasoning I like the one sold at Cabellas
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 3 tbsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 chilled Tortellini 20 ounce package
- Preheat your oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Place your flour in a large bowl, beaten eggs in another large bowl.
- Place all your seasonings, cheese & bread crumbs in a large zip top bag.
- Working in 2 batches - place your tortellini in your flour- toss to coat
- Shaking off excess flour- place tortellini in bowl with eggs & toss - coating well
- Transfer to your bag of seasonings - zip top closed & give a good shake to make sure tortellini is completely coated
- Once oil is hot (about 350 degrees) - place several tortellini in carefully & allow to cook until golden brown & cooked throughout
- Remove & place in a large bowl lined with a paper towel to drain. Give a light sprinkle of salt.
- Repeat with remaining tortellini
- Serve immediately- can dip in marinara sauce if desired
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
*Recipe adapted from Just a Taste/ Deep Fried Ravioli on a Stick