This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DiscoverBrookside #CollectiveBias
Perfectly moist & fudgy brownies packed full of dark chocolate covered blueberries, covered in cream cheese frosting & topped with a delicious blueberry & cranberry almond chocolate bar. These Dark Chocolate Blueberry Brownies are another one of my yummy bar recipes that are sure to wow the crowd.
If you are looking for a great dessert idea to bring to your next backyard bbq – I have just the thing.
Have you seen the chocolate covered fruits & chocolate bars by Brookside chocolates (sold exclusively at Target)? They are one of my favorite snacks. I pick some up every time I am in Target. They work great for adding on top of an evening treat, mixing in a morning granola recipe or just as a midafternoon snack.
I have been wanting to use them in more recipes, so I created these incredibly delicious Dark Chocolate Blueberry Brownies. Let me show you just how easy it is to make these!
First take your brownie ingredients & mix in a medium size bowl.
Then transfer to your prepared baking pan.
Then take your dark chocolate blueberries & sprinkle them on top.
Bake, remove & allow to cool completely on wire rack. In the meantime you can whip up your frosting.
Once the brownies are cool, spread your frosting on top in a nice even layer.
Keep chilled until ready to serve. When serving, remove brownies by pulling up & out with overhanging parchment. Then cut your squares.
Then take this gorgeous chocolate bar & break into squares. Top on each brownie. Done!
See, I told you it was easy & I promise that everyone will love them!
You can find these Brookside chocolates products to create your own brownies at the checkout area at Target.
Now through Aug 1, use the Cartwheel app to save 30% on Brookside Chocolate at Target & from Aug 23-Sept 19 you can save 15% on Brookside chocolate using Cartwheel.
To find out more – connect with Brookside chocolate on Facebook
Dark Chocolate Blueberry Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 squares 1 oz. each semi sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 bag Brookside Chocolates- dark chocolate blueberry
- 1 Brookside Chocolate bar - Blueberry & Cranberry Almond
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 1-1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well mixed.
- Stir in applesauce, egg substitute, canola oil, melted baking chocolate and vanilla just until well mixed; careful not to over stir.
- Spread brownie mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with dark chocolate covered blueberries
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Do not over bake.
- Combine cream cheese & butter in mixer bowl & beat on high until blended & airy
- Add vanilla, salt & confectioners sugar
- Beat until well combined
- Immediately spread on top of your cooled brownies
Cut & top with chocolate squares
Looking for more Yummy Bar Recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE