Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good, you’ll never know they’re skinny. These chocolate packed oatmeal cranberry cookies are yummy!
For a while now I have been doing a “self-imposed” counting points system. What does that mean? Well, I basically use the awesomeness of the internet to find the amount of points I should be consuming & the amount of points I should be counting for what I’m eating each day & I keep a running tally. I didn’t go sign up for an actual program, because that’s just how I am. I like to be accountable to myself & if I slip, well- then I slip. But this means I am constantly looking for ways to get my treat-fix without feeling deprived. That’s where these super-awesome Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies come into play. Yippie!
Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I simply can’t give up all treats. It’s just not possible. But with these being about 2 points a piece, I don’t have to. They are decadent enough that I’m good with just a couple & then it’s easy for me to stop without any guilt! Now that’s what I call a dessert. I use my 3/4 sheet baking pan & that is large enough that I only have to make 2 batches. I love that because it’s just that much faster to enjoying them when I’m not waiting around for all the dough to go through the baking process.
Do you know what I really love about these cookies? They have enough healthy stuff in them that I can justify having them alongside my morning cup of jo. I only did that one day, I promise. But really, you can’t go wrong with oatmeal cookies loaded with all the yummy ingredients like dark chocolate, honey & cinnamon. Adding a twist like cranberries instead of raisins made these not only the perfect fall cookie, but the perfect cookie recipe to serve at all the upcoming holiday festivities. I can’t wait to share these with friends & extended family.
Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour spooned & leveled
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/4 cup butter- melted & cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1-1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment & set aside
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt butter & set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt- set aside
- Add vanilla & eggs to cooled butter & whisk well
- Whisk in honey
- Add dry ingredients & stir together with a large spatula until just combined
- Fold in dark chocolate chips & cranberries
- Cover & place in freezer for about 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Shape dough into 30-36 cookies & place on prepared baking sheets approx 2" apart
- Bake at 325 for 11-13 minutes or until brown around the edges
- When you remove from the oven, immediately press several mini chocolate chips into each cookie & allow to cool on baking sheet several minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
These cookies are the perfect way to kick off the fall season. I can’t wait to enjoy them with a cup of hot cider by the fire soon.
Looking for more of our favorite fall recipes?
Salted Caramel Sugar Cookie Cups
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Glazed Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread from Lovely Little Kitchen
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from Little Dairy On the Prairie
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
Yum!!! I love things like this! SO healthy and tasty.
Mm! They sound and look amazing. I love the idea of cranberries with the chocolate!