Chocolate Eggnog Cupcakes are rich chocolate cupcakes topped with creamy eggnog frosting & a sprinkle of cinnamon make the perfect holiday dessert recipe.
Chocolate Eggnog Cupcakes
Do you love eggnog? In this house everyone does. I grew up with it as an everyday staple during the holidays. My husband did too, which is why we always have it in the fridge from the moment it becomes available until we can’t find it anymore. The kids love it with breakfast & then of course the hubs & I have it with a little cocktail in the evening on the weekends once the day calms down. It’s the perfect holiday flavor – which is why I just had to use it to make these Chocolate Eggnog Cupcakes.
Because I was short on time I decided to go with my standard box cake mix. There is nothing wrong with that if it comes down to having cupcakes or not having cupcakes. Always choose to have cupcakes! Then I whipped up my super easy, 3 ingredient frosting using International Delight Nog & then topped them off with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Super easy & oh my word they are delicious.
These made the perfect little treat to pull out over the holiday weekend. I can’t wait to make some more. I’m thinking these would be great for leaving out on Christmas Eve this year instead of cookies. I’m sure Santa would like something different – right?!
Chocolate Eggnog Cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix - Triple Chocolate Fudge flavor plus ingredients
- oil, eggs, water
- 8 tbsp 1 stick butter - room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup International Delight Nog
- Preheat oven & prepare cupcakes to directions listed on the box
- Once your cupcakes have baked, remove from oven & let cool on a wire rack while you make the frosting.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment cream butter until light & fluffy
- Add in confectioners sugar & beat slowly
- Once mixture looks moist but crumbly add in nog & beat until fluffy again - if you want it a little softer add additional nog if needed 1-2 tsp at a time
- Add to your piping bag & swirl on your cupcakes
- *Sprinkle on some cinnamon to make them extra pretty
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Looking for more great eggnog flavored recipe ideas?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Eggnog Truffles from Shugary Sweets
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Eggnog Cookies from Cooking Classy
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE