This time of year I really gravitate towards comfort food. For me- Easy Family Dinner Ideas tops my list when I want something warm & tasty to enjoy. A family favorite for us is typically an Alfredo tortellini. But this time we decided to twist things & make it even better. We came up with this new tortellini recipe that just makes all others pale in comparison. Oh my it was delicious.
Chicken Vodka Tortellini
We decided to change things from our traditional Alfredo sauce & add some Vodka sauce in there too.
The blend of the sauces was AMAZING!!!
It’s also key here to make sure you grill or saute you chicken before hand. It gives such a wonderful flavor vs. just boiling it.
This turned out so good. I can’t wait to make it again. Definitely a new family favorite.
I may never go back to regular Alfredo tortellini.
Chicken Vodka Tortellini
- 2 4-6 serving bags Cheese & Spinach Barilla Tortellini
- 1 4-6 serving bag of Three Cheese Barilla Tortellini
- 2 jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 jar Vodka Sauce
- 6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces & saute in large skillet until fully cooked & crispy on the edges. Be sure to use your favorite seasonings & spice it up to your liking.
- Add in the 2 jars of Alfredo sauce & half the jar of Vodka sauce & stir into chicken. Bring to a simmer.
- (or you can grill the chicken & shred into pieces- then just add to a skillet with the sauces to heat & combine together.)
- Continue to simmer sauce & chicken on low while you cook your tortellini
- In large stock pot- bring water to a boil.
- Cook your tortellini to package directions - drain & put back in large stock pot.
- Pour in your chicken/sauce mix over tortellini & stir to combine
- Serve & top with Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want More Pasta ? Try this…
Chicken Cordon Bleu Creamy Mac & Cheese
Grilled Chicken Broccoli Tortellini
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
This post was originally part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Barilla, but all my opinions are my own..
This sounds really good and I like time-saving recipes!
Serendipity is Sweet says
Oh yum! I just love tortellini. I’ll have to try your recipe. Thanks!
Greg Urbano says
Simple and great!
BeBetsy.com (@bebetsy) says
Yummy! Do you deliver? haha…. we are always asking people to cook for us. 🙂 Looks delish!!
All the best ~ Sharon and Denise
Kim Cunningham says
Pasta is my ultimate comfort food too. I love this kind of recipe and I will try this!
Blair @ The Seasoned Mom says
This is my kind of recipe. Simple, but delicious — and I know that my kids will all love it! Thanks for sharing!
Shaunna @ Tempting Thyme says
I love adding a touch of vodka to my pasta dishes….
Shaunna @Tempting Thyme
This must be enough to serve an army. I think I will half it for my son and I. It sure sounds delish. Can’t wait to try it!!!!!
This looks so delicious and comforting. I love how quick and easy it is. Stopping by from Marvelous Mondays. Merry Christmas! Blessings, Catherine
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
I love this recipe, Gina! I shared it on one of my personal boards a week or two ago, and it has been really popular. Thanks for sharing it with us at Saturday Night Fever. Have a Happy New Year!