This time of year I really gravitate towards comfort food. For me- Easy Family Dinner Ideas tops my list when I want something warm & tasty to enjoy. A family favorite for us is typically an Alfredo tortellini. But this time we decided to twist things & make it even better. We came up with this new tortellini recipe that just makes all others pale in comparison. Oh my it was delicious.
We decided to change things from our traditional Alfredo sauce & add some Vodka sauce in there too.
The blend of the sauces was AMAZING!!!
It’s also key here to make sure you grill or saute you chicken before hand. It gives such a wonderful flavor vs. just boiling it.
This turned out so good. I can’t wait to make it again. Definitely a new family favorite.
I may never go back to regular Alfredo tortellini.
Chicken Vodka Tortellini
- 2 4-6 serving bags Cheese & Spinach Barilla Tortellini
- 1 4-6 serving bag of Three Cheese Barilla Tortellini
- 2 jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 jar Vodka Sauce
- 6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces & saute in large skillet until fully cooked & crispy on the edges. Be sure to use your favorite seasonings & spice it up to your liking.
- Add in the 2 jars of Alfredo sauce & half the jar of Vodka sauce & stir into chicken. Bring to a simmer.
- (or you can grill the chicken & shred into pieces- then just add to a skillet with the sauces to heat & combine together.)
- Continue to simmer sauce & chicken on low while you cook your tortellini
- In large stock pot- bring water to a boil.
- Cook your tortellini to package directions - drain & put back in large stock pot.
- Pour in your chicken/sauce mix over tortellini & stir to combine
- Serve & top with Parmesan cheese.
Want More Pasta ? Try this…
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
This post was originally part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Barilla, but all my opinions are my own..