Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is loaded with chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans & olives in a delicious salsa verde base. Simple, hearty & DELICIOUS!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
I love a good soup. I think I could almost live on soup. It’s so good & there are so many different recipes. Which is especially great during these cold winter months when I just want something cozy to curl up with on the couch by the fire. Mmmmmmm just thinking about it makes me wish I had prepared a soup for dinner tonight. I don’t think I could never get tired of it. One of my favorite soup recipes is this Chicken Tortilla Soup. It’s loaded with chicken, my favorite salsa verde (literally one of my favorite things EVER) and all sorts of other ingredients that just make me swoon. I have an obsession with these flavors right now & I just can’t get enough. So being able to toss them all in the slow cooker & have this as the result makes me so happy. It really is almost effortless.
We love to add a sprinkle of cheese, crushed tortilla chips, a dollop of sour cream & some chives when serving. Oh my word. It’s a good thing this recipe makes a lot of soup because my kids not only go back for seconds, but sometimes thirds. They love it. Then we are lucky there’s usually some still left to have on the side of a sandwich the next night too. It’s great!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 cups 32 oz chicken broth
- 4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 7oz can salsa verde
- 1 can 15 oz black beans- drained
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups whole kernel corn - frozen works well
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp gr. cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt/pepper to taste
- *Top with crunched tortilla chips sour cream & chives when serving
- Combine all ingredients except toppings in slow cooker
- Cover & cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 5-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through
- *Note- all cookers operate slightly different so watch your time closer to the end to make sure your chicken is cooking appropriately
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove & pull apart with 2 forks in a large bowl
- Return chicken to the soup, stir & allow to cook another 20-30 minutes to let the flavors soak in
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, sour cream & chives
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you love a simple slow cooker chicken soup bursting with flavor- this is for you! It makes a lot – so there’s plenty of leftovers.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more of our favorite easy family dinner ideas?
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
CincyShopper – Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Gimme Some Oven – 7-Ingredient Easy Zuppa Toscana (Creamy Gnocchi Soup with Kale and Sausage
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
Oo I need to try this!
We LOVE Mexican-inspired food, and I’ll make just about anything if I can throw it in my slow cooker! This soup sounds perfect for a cold evening!
Gina Kleinworth says
Thank you Blair – I’m the same way. If I can toss & go- it gets made a lot. 🙂
Wish I had a bowl right now…sounds so good. Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!