Easy family dinner ideas like Chicken Noodle Casserole are a great way to have comfort food fast. Amazing chicken recipes like this are always a favorite! I love how quick & easy this dinner is & how much my family loves it.
Love comfort food? What tops your list when you think of comfort food? For me, casserole & soup. I was craving both the other day & couldn’t decide which to make. So I decided to combine the two & create this AMAZING Chicken Noodle Casserole. It was so easily put together.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I used some extra pulled chicken I had made the night before- so it was a great use of leftovers. But – you could also use a Rotisserie chicken if you like to buy those. That makes this dish so simple. I just mixed the ingredients, cooked my noodles- stir, top & bake. I’m not kidding when I say it’s beyond easy & the family was raving over it.
This casserole works out great as a make-ahead freezer meal. I just go through the prep & then place it in a foil pan & cover. Place in the freezer marked with the date & instructions written on the outside. Then when you want to enjoy it – just transfer to the refrigerator the night before to thaw a bit. Then bake at the same temperature for about 15-20 minutes longer- or until hot & bubbling. (this depends on your oven)
I usually double or quadruple this recipe & make a bunch of these to freeze. Then I send a couple back to the apartment with the hubs & keep a couple here too. So good to have dinner ready with such little effort. When making for dinner that night I use my favorite casserole dish, but those foil pans are so handy for make-ahead meals.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
I promise – this one has everyone begging for more!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 large chicken breasts- cooked & shredded about 2 cups of shredded chicken- leftovers are great for this or rotisserie chicken
- 1 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn - drained
- 1 15 oz can no salt sweet peas - drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 22.6 oz can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 tbsp minced onions
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup french dried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray- set aside
- Cook noodles to package directions (usually boil for 6-8 minutes) drain & place in a large bowl
- Add in cooked chicken, corn, peas, condensed soup, milk, minced onions, granulated garlic, cheese & bacon bits
- Fold to combine & transfer to prepared baking dish
- Top with french fried onions
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbling & hot throughout
- **Note: per reader feedback I do not advise substituting the egg noodles with another kind, such as elbow macaroni. Those tend to soak up more of the moisture & leave the casserole dry.
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie Casserole from It’s Yummi!
Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole from Barbara Bakes
Spinach & Chicken Enchiladas Bake from Tara Teaspoon
Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole from Frugal Foodie Mama
Pizza Pasta Casserole from I Heart Eating
Ham & Mac Casserole from Around My Family Table
Green Chile Chicken and Rice Casserole from Bread Booze Bacon
Chicken Noodle Casserole from Kleinworth & Co.
Spinach & Mushroom Alfredo Baked Ziti from It Bakes Me Happy
Chicken Tortilla Casserole from Home.Made.Interest.
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole Recipe from The Life Jolie Blog
Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake from The Two Bite Club
Pizza Tortellini Skillet Casserole from Cooking on the Front Burner
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole from House of Nash Eats