I love a hot, home cooked meal. But with heading to the gym & the kids swim team & rock climbing schedules – it’s hard to be here to prepare something for us all. I certainly don’t feel like making something time consuming after getting home late but I don’t want to head to the drive-thru either. It’s important to me to give the kids home cooked meals as often as possible – which is why I am so in love with these simple Chicken Fajitas. I was able to whip these together in less than 30 minutes & even the clean up was a breeze. Now that’s my kind of dinner.
The key here – frozen veggies. I love fresh veggies in my meals – but the prep time can be a bit much when it’s late at night. So grabbing these ready to cook frozen veggies is PERFECT.
I just skillet fried my chicken & shredded. Then I returned it back to the skillet – added the veggies & a little sauce & cooked until the veggies were hot & the flavors had blended. SIMPLE!
The best part – my kids LOVE these. After a hard workout – this was delicious.
- 3-4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- Frozen peppers & onions blend
- Sauce of choice
- Saute your chicken breasts in large skillet until thoroughly cooked - adding your favorite seasonings
- Once cooked - remove & shred into large chunks
- Return to skillet & add frozen veggies & sauce of choice - I like a glaze
- Saute until veggies are cooked & flavors are blended
- Serve in small flour tortillas
Want more quick & easy dinner ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE