I love a hot, home cooked meal. But with heading to the gym & the kids swim team & rock climbing schedules – it’s hard to be here to prepare something for us all. I certainly don’t feel like making something time consuming after getting home late but I don’t want to head to the drive-thru either. It’s important to me to give the kids home cooked meals as often as possible – which is why I am so in love with these simple Chicken Fajitas. I was able to whip these together in less than 30 minutes & even the clean up was a breeze. Now that’s my kind of dinner.
The key here – frozen veggies. I love fresh veggies in my meals – but the prep time can be a bit much when it’s late at night. So grabbing these ready to cook frozen veggies is PERFECT.
I just skillet fried my chicken & shredded. Then I returned it back to the skillet – added the veggies & a little sauce & cooked until the veggies were hot & the flavors had blended. SIMPLE!
The best part – my kids LOVE these. After a hard workout – this was delicious.
- 3-4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- Frozen peppers & onions blend
- Sauce of choice
- Saute your chicken breasts in large skillet until thoroughly cooked - adding your favorite seasonings
- Once cooked - remove & shred into large chunks
- Return to skillet & add frozen veggies & sauce of choice - I like a glaze
- Saute until veggies are cooked & flavors are blended
- Serve in small flour tortillas
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more quick & easy dinner ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE