This post is brought to you by Sargento®. The content & opinions expressed below are that of Kleinworth & Co.
Easy family dinner ideas got better with creamy cauliflower & leek sauce, buttery garlic mushrooms & cheddar cheese on linguine to make Cheddar Mushroom Linguine.
Cheddar Mushroom Linguine
It’s cold outside. I’m itching for spring. I know that’s the case when I am making comfort food like pasta more & more often. I love a good pasta dish, don’t you? Warm comfort foods this time of year seem to be craved more & more. It’s just so quick & easy to whip up something that feeds my ever hungry teens & myself. It’s even better if there’s a little left over for the hubs to take back to the apartment for the week too. But I like to keep it different & mix it up once in a while. So I ditched the usual pasta sauce & created this alternative using ingredients like cauliflower & leeks mixed with milk & cheese. The family loved it.
I started this with the idea of the Chopped at Home Challenge from Sargento®. You know the idea- take a random set of ingredients & think outside the box to create something unique & delicious. This certainly was a challenge at first. Starting with cauliflower, leeks, crimini mushrooms & pairing them with Sargento sharp cheddar fine cut cheese, I had my base of ingredients. But once I remembered my easy cauliflower sauce, the rest of the recipe came together easily.
Have you ever had a cauliflower based sauce before? It’s a great way to get that creamy pasta sauce texture & flavor without all the heaviness. To add depth I included the chopped leeks to my usual sauce recipe & then cooked up some mushrooms in butter & garlic. My son was all over that.
Cheddar Mushroom Linguine
- 2-1/2 - 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 leek - washed ends trimmed- sliced down the middle & chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small box linguini noodles
- 1/2 cup Sargento Sharp Cheddar Cheese- fine cut
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine water, cauliflower & chopped leek pieces in a medium saucepan
- Cover & cook over medium 7-10 minutes or until pieces are fork tender- do not drain
- In a large stockpot- prepare linguini noodles to package directions - drain & set aside but keep warm
- Combine garlic, butter & mushrooms in a small skillet & saute over medium heat until mushrooms are slightly softened but garlic has not browned. - Remove from heat
- Use a slotted spoon & transfer cauliflower & leeks to the blender
- Add 1/2 cup reserved cooking water, milk, salt & pepper
- Blend on high for 2-5 full minutes or until it reaches the consistency you are looking for (you can leave a little thicker or blend until smooth)
- Remove blender blade & stir in your buttery garlic mushrooms & cheese
- Spoon over prepared noodles
Submit your recipe to FoodNetwork.com/ChoppedChallenge for the chance to win $5,000 and a trip to New York City to compete in a televised Chopped cooking challenge for a $10,000 grand prize!
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. Sargento Shredded Cheese ranges in size from 3.25 to 3.95 ounces for a suggested retail price of $2.69 each.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas like this one?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.