So ever since I made my Blueberry Backed French Toast a couple weeks ago I have been dying to make some more. The kids scarfed down the whole thing & the hubs never even had the chance to try it. So I promised I would make some more – I mean, it’s an easy breakfast recipe so why not? Only I decided to make it a little different. I canned the blueberry idea & swapped it out for caramel & marshmallows. Yep! I created this Caramel Marshmallow Baked French Toast that was out of this world. It was every bit as good as it sounds & all of us had a chance to enjoy it this time.
I think I love baked french toast so much because I can whip it up – cover it & pop it in the fridge at any point in the day. Then the next day I can either pop it in the oven when the hubs heads out for work or the kids can do it when they get up. They have a fresh baked breakfast – with very little mess. Really the ease & cleanliness of baked french toast is a HUGE plus for me.
I’m such a fan of regular french toast – but the mess & time to make it is so discouraging. Now that I have made it – I’m on a roll. Seems I’m always thinking of new & creative ways to make it even better.
The best part is that I swapped out the milk I would normally use in my baked french toast recipes & I used Caramel Marshmallow creamer instead. What a fabulous way to add a punch of flavor – delish.
Caramel Marshmallow Baked French Toast
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups International Delight Caramel Marshmallow fat free & sugar free creamer
- 3/4 french loaf or other crusty bread
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups caramel plus more for topping
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed
- -confectioners sugar for dusting- opt.
- Coat 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray
- Cut your bread into bite sized pieces & place in pan covering the bottom
- Layer in about 1 cup of the marshmallows & 1 cup of the caramel portioning out as evenly across the top of the bread as possible
- Add another layer of bread followed by the remaining marshmallows & caramel
- In a small bowl - whisk together milk, eggs & vanilla extract
- Pour evenly over your layers
- Cover & refrigerate at least 2 hours but as long as overnight
- When ready - preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar & butter cubes
- Work together with your fingers or a pastry cutter until you reach a coarse crumbs consistency
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the prepared dish & bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve immediately - preferably with a little homemade caramel drizzle on top
How about some more great easy breakfast ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE