Caramel Marshmallow Baked French Toast is an easy-to-make breakfast recipe for those that love breakfast casseroles. Simple and delicious!
So ever since I made my Blueberry Backed French Toast a couple weeks ago I have been dying to make some more. The kids scarfed down the whole thing & the hubs never even had the chance to try it.
So I promised I would make some more – I mean, it’s an easy breakfast recipe so why not? Only I decided to make it a little different.
I canned the blueberry idea & swapped it out for caramel & marshmallows. Yep! I created this Caramel Marshmallow Baked French Toast that was out of this world. It was every bit as good as it sounds & all of us had a chance to enjoy it this time.
I think I love baked french toast so much because I can whip it up – cover it & pop it in the fridge at any point in the day.
Then the next day I can either pop it in the oven when the hubs heads out for work or the kids can do it when they get up. They have a fresh baked breakfast – with very little mess.
Really the ease & cleanliness of baked french toast is a HUGE plus for me.
I’m such a fan of regular french toast – but the mess & time to make it is so discouraging. Now that I have made it – I’m on a roll. Seems I’m always thinking of new & creative ways to make it even better.
The best part is that I swapped out the milk I would normally use in my baked french toast recipes & I used Caramel Marshmallow creamer instead. What a fabulous way to add a punch of flavor – delish.
More Breakfast Casseroles
- Easy French Toast Casserole
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Pressure Cooker Eggnog French Toast
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- Blueberry Baked French Toast
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole
How about some more great easy breakfast ideas?
Caramel Marshmallow Baked French Toast
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups International Delight Caramel Marshmallow fat free & sugar free creamer
- 3/4 french loaf or other crusty bread
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups caramel plus more for topping
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed
- -confectioners sugar for dusting- opt.
- Coat 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray
- Cut your bread into bite sized pieces & place in pan covering the bottom
- Layer in about 1 cup of the marshmallows & 1 cup of the caramel portioning out as evenly across the top of the bread as possible
- Add another layer of bread followed by the remaining marshmallows & caramel
- In a small bowl - whisk together milk, eggs & vanilla extract
- Pour evenly over your layers
- Cover & refrigerate at least 2 hours but as long as overnight
- When ready - preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar & butter cubes
- Work together with your fingers or a pastry cutter until you reach a coarse crumbs consistency
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the prepared dish & bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve immediately - preferably with a little homemade caramel drizzle on top
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.