Apple pie, America’s favorite. Packed full of cinnamon coated apples in a thick caramel glaze makes it positively delicious. This homemade Caramel Apple Pie Filling makes it so easy to make your own.
I have mentioned before that the hubs grew up in an orchard. It’s actually this gorgeous little place called Apple Hill. Imagine it…..fall colors everywhere, orchards lining every street you turn down & the smell of apple pie is a constant aroma. Yes – it was wonderful for him growing up. So it’s no wonder that I have had to perfect my apple & cinnamon recipes through the years. Things like this Caramel Apple Pie Filling make it so easy to whip up something for him that tastes just like home.
I love spending a couple hours on a Saturday peeling & coring a ton of apples & making several batches of this. I keep a jar in the fridge all through the fall season- the extra jars keep in the freezer. That way they are ready when one jar runs out. It’s so great for adding on top of ice cream, making pastries or whipping up a quick apple pie. Sometimes I even let the kids add it to their oatmeal or yogurt in the morning. It’s FABULOUS!
Be sure to check out my Easy Sweet Potato Pie recipe too!
Caramel Apple Pie Filling
- 7 peeled- diced apples
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Dice apples & toss with lemon juice in medium - large bowl.
- In separate bowl- combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg & cornstarch- whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Transfer apples to 2 qt saucepan, add water & heat over med-high heat about 8 minutes.
- Some of the apples will break down into a thick liquid like sauce but you will still have some apple chunks.
- Add your dry mixture & whisk to combine & incorporate well.
- Heat & stir constantly until mixture thickens - about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat & let sit 5 minutes before transferring to your jars.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Don’t forget to grab my recipe for Easy Pie Crust!
Here’s more of our favorite apple recipes!
Here are some more great apple recipes!
Cinnamon Apple Muffins from Add a Pinch
Carrot Apple Bread from Averie Cooks
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE