Chocolate cream pie is a classic chocolate dessert that’s loved by many. I would say it’s a chocolate lover’s dream! This rich and decadent treat is perfect for any occasion and is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
With a chocolate cookie crust, creamy chocolate filling, and fresh whipped cream topping, this dessert is a real crowd-pleaser. It’s even great for the holiday season!
In this post, we’ll answer some common questions about chocolate cream pie and provide you with a delicious full recipe you can easily make at home.
Chocolate cream pie is a classic dessert that everyone should have in their recipe box. With a rich chocolate cookie crust and a creamy, chocolatey filling topped with whipped cream, it’s the perfect indulgence for any occasion.
Whether you’re looking for an impressive dessert to serve at a dinner party or just want to treat yourself to something sweet, this recipe is sure to satisfy you. So go ahead and give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Common Questions About Chocolate Cream Pie
Can I add different flavors to the filling?
Yes, you can add different flavors to the filling, such as coffee or mint. Simply add in a small amount of the flavoring extract or powder to the filling mixture before spreading it into the crust. Be sure to taste and adjust the flavor as needed.
Can I use a different type of cookie for the crust?
Yes, you can use different types of cookies, such as chocolate graham crackers. You can also add in other ingredients to the cookie crust like nuts or spices.
Can You Make Chocolate Cream Pie in Advance?
Yes, you can! Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve, and it should keep well for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the chocolate cream pie for up to a month.
- Refrigerator: Chocolate cream pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Cover it with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out.
- Freezer: Chocolate cream pie can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil before storing it in the freezer.
- Make sure the cream cheese is fully softened to room temperature before mixing it with the other ingredients to ensure a smooth and creamy filling.
- Be sure to let the pie crust chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before adding the filling to help it set.
- For an extra chocolatey pie, add a layer of chocolate ganache or melted chocolate on top of the crust before adding the filling.
- To make the whipped cream more stable, add a small amount of gelatin to the heavy cream before whipping it.
- Use high-quality chocolate: Using high-quality chocolate can make a big difference in the flavor of chocolate pie filling. Choose dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids for the best chocolate flavor and texture.
This homemade chocolate cream pie recipe has a yummy Oreo pie crust for any special occasion.
- Oreo cookies
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream
- Shaved chocolate
How to Make Chocolate Cream Pie
You can’t go wrong with an Oreo cookie crust. This is the best chocolate cream pie recipe on the web!
- Start by making the chocolate cookie crust. Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and process until they are finely ground.
- Transfer the cookie crumbs to a large mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Mix well until the crumbs are moist and the mixture is crumbly. I personally like to use a hand mixer for this.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, making sure it’s an even layer. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set.
- While the crust is chilling, make the chocolate filling. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Spread the chocolate filling into the prepared and chilled chocolate cookie crust.
- Make the whipped cream topping. On high speed beat the heavy cream with the sugar in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the surface of the filling.
- Garnish the pie with shaved chocolate. Chill the pie in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Kitchen Supplies You’ll Need for Chocolate Cream Pie:
- Food processor
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Pie pan
- Plastic wrap or foil for storing
- disposable pie plates
- airtight pie container
What to Serve With Chocolate Cream Pie:
Chocolate cream pie is a rich and decadent dessert on its own, but it pairs well with a variety of toppings. You can try out whipped cream, fresh berries, or a drizzle of dark chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, or caramel sauce.
I’ve even used chocolate chips and powdered sugar! That Oreo crust really goes with all kinds of flavors.
Why You Should Make Chocolate Cream Pie:
- It’s delicious: It’s a dessert that is sure to impress your guests. It’ll be the best pie on the table!
- It’s easy to make: Despite its impressive appearance, chocolate cream pie is actually relatively easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen tools, you can have a delicious homemade dessert in no time.
If you love this easy Chocolate Cream Pie recipe, you’re going to love these other pie ideas too. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
More Great Pies
Easy Cherry Pie in the Air Fryer
Key Lime Pie with Whipped Cream
If you love this recipe for Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie as much as I do, please write a five-star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH TASTE OF THE FRONTIER!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tbsp butter Unsalted, Melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Shaved chocolate for garnish
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Place the cookies in a food processor and process until they reach the consistency of fine crumbs.
- Transfer the cookie crumbs to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted butter into the crumbs and work it together until the crumbs are moist and the mixture is crumbly.
- Spread the mixture into a pie pan, press into a flat, even layer and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set before adding the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared and chilled chocolate cookie crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator while you make the whipped cream topping.
Whipped Cream Topping
- Beat the heavy cream with the sugar in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the creamy chocolate filling.
- Top with shaved chocolate to garnish.
- Chill for several hours for the pie to set before serving.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Share Your Thoughts