Simple & delicious go to a whole new level with these Cannoli Sugar Cookie Cups. Easy sugar cookie cups topped with cannoli filling & chocolate chips. YUM!
Do you love a good pastry? I sure do. Whenever we can stop in a little specialty pastry shop I always get a variety of goodies to take home & enjoy over a couple days. I especially love it when I can get there on a Friday so that I have treats to have along with my coffee over the weekend while we read the paper. Those seem to be the best weekends when we have little on the calendar & we can just snack, sip & read until lunch time. Sigh…… that doesn’t happen all that often. Guess that’s why I love & cherish it so much.
So since we don’t get to do that all that often, I decided to create a little cannoli like treat to have one weekend. These are a sugar cookie cup, topped with cannoli filling & sprinkled with extra mini chocolate chips & confectioners sugar. Oh my word – so delicious.
So if you love a good cannoli & sugar cookies, you have to give this twist a try.
You will be so happy you did!
Cannoli Sugar Cookie Cups
- Sugar Cookie Cups
- 3 cups all-purpose flour spooned in & leveled- not scooped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp whipped topping
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- *additional confectioners sugar for dusting
- In a small bowl whisk together flour & baking powder – set aside
- In mixer bowl beat butter until soft
- Add sugar & mix well
- Add egg- mix again
- Add vanilla
- Add flour & mix until dough begins to clump together
- Roll dough into a ball & wrap with plastic wrap- refrigerate 1 hour
- Once dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pull off pieces of dough & roll into balls- then press into the wells of your muffin tin pan making the cup shape
- Bake 12-15 minutes & allow to cool in pan before removing
- To remove you can slide a butter knife along the side- they should pop right out
- Whisk ricotta in large bowl until smooth
- Add in confectioners sugar & vanilla & whisk until combined
- Fold in whipped topping & chocolate chips
- Do not assemble until ready to serve as the filling will start to soften the cookie cup.
- Once ready to serve spoon about a tablespoon of your filling into the cookie cup
- Dust with confectioners sugar
Looking for more great coffee time treats?
Here are a few more I love…
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE