Need an easy chicken recipe for a great dinner? Crispy Buttermilk Chicken Strips are an easy family dinner idea that everyone loves. Simple, easy, delicious
One of my all time favorite dinner recipes is chicken strips. But I have found that not all chicken strips are created equal. For me, they MUST be super crispy & yet remain juicy on the inside. The only real way to do this is with the deep fryer. So once in a great while we pull it out & whip up some of these delicious buttermilk chicken strips & I swoon with every bite. I always vow to make them more often- then I wash & tuck the deep fryer away & forget what I said. Then when we start inching ever so close to fall & football – I remember & out it comes to make some more of these delicious strips.
I’m super excited too, because today I’m also sharing this recipe with my dear friend (& party co-host) Emily of Nap-Time Creations. This is the second or third year I have joined her for her Summer Fun Series. There are SO MANY fabulous ideas being shared – you have to check it out.
Buttermilk Chicken Strips
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into strips
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 quart oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder.
- Place chicken strips into the bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- In another large bowl mix together the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, and drain
- Place chicken in flour mixture bowl & toss to coat.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375 degrees
- Carefully place coated chicken in hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown and juices run clear (approx 6-7 min)
- Drain on baking sheet lined with paper towels.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Be sure to check out all the great ideas shared in the series!!
Check out the other fun posts of the day before you go!
Country Fair Funnel Cakes from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Buttermilk Chicken Strips by Kleinworth and Co
Lemonade Cupcakes by The Creative Nest
Minecraft Water Bottle by DIY Crush on Nap-Time Creations
Want more Easy Family Dinner Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
They look so nice and crispy!!
Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh says
We love chicken strips and the buttermilk, I bet adds a nice flavor.
these look so great! My boys love chicken like this! thanks for being part of the SUmmer fun series!