So Labor Day is like right around the corner. Can’t even believe I just typed that. This year is just flying by. Looking for Easy Family Dinner Ideas? But because it is so close to the final BBQ of the season I wanted to share with you this recipe for Black Bean and Corn Salad. It comes together so quickly & makes a LARGE amount. So it’s perfect for those Labor Day entertaining with your friends or those fun end of summer church picnics. Whatever the occasion- this is a great side dish recipe to bring along to feed the crowds.
I love the vibrant colors. I literally just started throwing things in the bowl based on the colors I felt it needed to be visually interesting. Of course I took into account flavor medleys – but I really wanted this to have a nice array of colors to just pop out of the platter.
Simple & easy – you know that is the best when it comes to preparing for a large crowd.
My kids went back for thirds! We enjoyed this on the side of our Baby Back Ribs.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 2 15.25 ounce cans black beans - drained & rinsed
- 32 ounce bag corn - cooked & slightly cooled
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 large orange sweet pepper - finely diced
- 2 cup spinach leaves - chopped
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all prepared ingredients to large bowl - toss well to coat with oil & seasonings.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 20 minutes prior to serving.
Want more great side dishes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE