I’m super excited you guys!! Today the FABULOUS Rochelle from Oh So Sweet Baker is here today (all the way from the UK) to share this Berry Smoothie Slushie with you all. Being that I have roots to Britain I am automatically drawn to Rochelle – not to mention that she makes SUPER YUMMY recipes & takes oh so pretty pictures of it all. So you can imagine how excited I was when she jumped on board the team for the summer. YAY! Check out this recipe today & then go on over & give her some love too.
Hi everyone! I’m Rochelle and I blog at Oh So Sweet Baker. Today I will be hijacking Gina’s blog and bringing you these delicious berry smoothie slushies…
Sometimes I love to mix things up for breakfast when I manage to actually eat breakfast. I usually steer away from the runny eggs, cereal and those overnight chia/oats that everyone seem to be going crazy for these days. Me, I like the bacon sandwiches, croissant & viennoiseries and fruity things, like these berry smoothie slushies. I’m a sucker for smoothies and are my kind of quick on the go breakfasts. Chuck fruits in the blender with a liquid of your choice, blend and you are good to go. I have them at least everyday for breakfast or as a mid morning snack and love to vary the fruits and veggies that go into them.
Can you imagine sipping these ice cold berry smoothie slushies in the warm weather on your way to work or on the weekends for something different to serve at brunch, along with all your other ‘brunchy’ items. They are perfect and much better than those sugar and colour loaded Mr slushies that you used to get as a kid. These smoothies are full of goodness. Now I usually don’t go on about how ‘healthy’ things are, because the whole these are healthy for you thing gets annoying but here are some fun healthy facts about berries for you.
1. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, which can help protect you from heart disease and cancer. They are also good at strengthening the skeleton too!
2. Blackberries, like their blue cousin are high in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties. They also help improve your memory, coordination and balance.
3. Raspberries also have anti-inflammatory properties, can reduce cartilage damage and help prevent arthritis.
4. Strawberries are high in vitamin C and are great for your bowels.
So really berries are power foods, so technically this is a power berry smoothie slushies. Now if you are serving these for brunch, then cake for breakfast isn’t a bad idea or frowned upon. The mini mixed berry shown on the photos are perfect to serve alongside the berry smoothie slushies and the recipe can be found here
Berry Smoothie Slushie
- 150 ml 2/3 cup blueberry juice
- 175 g 1-1.2 cups frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1 cup of crushed ice Berries for garnish optional
- Add the blueberry juice, mixed berries and ice in that order into your blender.
- Blend for about 3 seconds.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with berries.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Chill the glasses in the fridge or freezer to help keep the slushies cooler for longer
Fancy a creamy smoothie slushie, add 2-3 tbsp of plain greek yoghurt or use milk instead of the juice
Sub the blueberry juice for another berry juice or even pomegranate juice
For extra health power properties add some goji or acai berries
Looking for more berry drinks?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]
Oh that sounds delightful! And looks so good, too!
Have a great Memorial Day my dear friend!
Kathy Penney (@KathPenney) says
All of these drinks look summer ready and delicious! Stopping by from Uncommon Designs.
This sounds refreshing! I’d be thrilled if you’d link up at this week’s Off the Hook!