Bacon Caramel Sticky Buns Recipe is a simple & easy breakfast recipe that’s ready in about an hour. All that melted caramel goodness in your morning treat. YUM!
Do you love sticky buns? I sure do. When I was expecting my son there was a little restaurant that was a town favorite. They sold what most people there called cinnamon rolls. However, they didn’t have the icing on top. They just had the most delicious gooey caramel, melty brown sugar & nuts encrusted on top. To me, that is more of a sticky bun than a cinnamon roll. But whatever you call them, they are amazing. On top of being amazing, they were gigantic too. We would pick them up all the time & I swear they are the reason my son now loves cinnamon more than anything else. I guess that’s what happens when you live off of something like that when you are expecting 🙂 You become obsessed with foods like this Bacon Caramel Sticky Buns Recipe.
TBacon Caramel Sticky Buns Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Now, since this IS bacon month I just had to throw that little twist in there & add BACON to these tasty little gems. I mean, you just can’t go wrong with bacon, especially when it’s on something so delicious as a sticky bun. That salty sweet combo is always a favorite. It’s not too much, but you just get a little bit of salt in each bite & it’s just perfect.
Bacon Caramel Sticky Buns Recipe
- 1 cup warm water (115 degrees is perfect)
- ¾ cup buttermilk- room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp butter- melted & slightly cooled
- 3 tbsp dry active yeast
- ½ tbsp table salt
- 2 large eggs- room temperature
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup butter- melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2½ cups chopped pecans
- ½ cup bacon crumbles
- In a large mixer bowl, combine water, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter & yeast, stir & then allow to sit approx 15 minutes for yeast to proof. (you know it's ready when it's puffed & frothy)
- Add in eggs, salt & flour & mix together slowly using a dough hook until flour is incorporated
- Mix/knead 10 minutes
- Once mixed, let rest 10 minutes while you make your filling & preheat the oven
- Prepare the filling by combining melted butter, brown sugar, sugar & cinnamon in a small bowl & mixing with a fork
- Prepare the topping by melting brown sugar, butter & honey in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat & add in pecans & bacon
- Pour into the bottom of your prepared pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees & line a 9x13 pan with parchment
- Roll dough out on lightly floured surface into a flat & even layer (approx 12x15)
- Sprinkle filling mixture on top
- Roll tightly on the long side & then cut into 12 large rolls (easiest way to make them even is to first cut the log in half & then cut those two pieces in half again & then those 4 pieces into thirds)
- Place in prepared pan on top of your gooey topping & bake 20-25 minutes
- Add melted butter, caramel sauce & more bacon for topping when serving if desired
Bacon Caramel Sticky Buns Recipe
Just look at that! Oh my YUM! It’s just the BEST way to start the day. That is for sure.
I’m already planning on making these again this coming weekend.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more great bacon month recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE